What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Lube -- Does Van's Sell It?

Well Known Member
I can't find it in their catalog. I see that Spruce sells it under the name "EZ Turn" but I am getting ready to place an order with Van's and would prefer to bundle it in with the shipping from them if they sell it. I have searched the Catalog and this site but found nothing.

Am I missing it or is Van's?

I don't think Parker makes Fuel Lube any more. I don't know how long ago they stopped but it has been a while. EZ Turn is for all intents and purposes the same thing. I think it is even made to the same mil spec but I am not 100% sure.
I have looked at EZ Turn and Fuel Lube side by side and the only thing I could see was Fuel Lube being a little darker. Might also have been that the can of Fuel Lube was the better part of 30 years old and my can of EZ Turn was brand new.

Last edited:
I have had very good success (i.e., easy-to-use, cheap, available, no leaks, etc.) with Loctite's 567 sealant for all of my RV-12's fuel, oil, and hydraulic fittings. 567 is also compatible with fuels containing ethanol -- if that is a factor in your case. I have heard that some of the traditional aviation sealants don't tolerate ethanol very well.

+1 for the Loctite 567. I used "Fuel Lube" actually EZ-turn as per the instructions on Kit #121 a few years back. Since then, Van's changed the instructions (and section 5 also?). They said something to the effect that Fuel Lube is a lubricant not sealant, therefore do not use for sealing fluid fittings. Since I still had relatively easy access at that time I opened, cleaned and resealed all my fittings with Loctite 567. No leaks. Just my experience. Others I'm sure will have different experiences to share.

OP didn't mention trying to seal threaded fittings. Fuel Lube (EZ Turn) is quite useful for lubricating O-rings on the fuel caps and gascolator.

True

OP didn't mention trying to seal threaded fittings. Fuel Lube (EZ Turn) is quite useful for lubricating O-rings on the fuel caps and gascolator.

True, but just in case...
Wouldn't be the first time one of us was working from an outdated set of plans.
And yes, fuel lube and similar stuff can be handy to hold gaskets in place when assembling things...
And, if you run out of hair gel (and still have any hair)...

The only thing I use my old Fuel Lube for is to temporarily stick washers and nuts to my fingers to thread them onto awkwardly situated bolts. ;)

will share

I bought a tube of fuel lube when I did my first cond inspection. Still have quite a lot. I use it to lube my gas caps gaskets. I could put some in a plastic container and send it if you want. I will never use the whole tube.

EZ Turn quoted itself as fuel lube and sealer.

I have used it on a 7, 8 and 2 12's for all fuel NPT fittings - never a drip. Just an absolute bear to clean up. Seems resistant to every solvent on the planet :eek:

Tested......... Satis :D

Methylated spirits - the blue stuff.

However.

It also removes 1k primer, be careful ;)

Back