What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proseal over Akzo?

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
I have searched the archives to no avail. I forgot to mask the area of my rudder where the trailing edge wedge goes before I primed. So my question is should I sand the primer off the skins in this location before I use proseal on the trailing edge or is it not necessary? I have read that Akzo will go over proseal quite well but not sure about the other way around. Thanks!

Proseal

I have searched the archives to no avail. I forgot to mask the area of my rudder where the trailing edge wedge goes before I primed. So my question is should I sand the primer off the skins in this location before I use proseal on the trailing edge or is it not necessary? I have read that Akzo will go over proseal quite well but not sure about the other way around. Thanks!

Akzo is pretty tough stuff. If properly prepped, it might not come off.
I think it will stick if you scuff the area well.

If you did a good job of prepping for the Akzo I would rough up the Akzo and lay it on top.

Thanks for the replies guys, that's kind of what I suspected I should do. Akzo is definitely tough stuff and don't see a problem in this area as it is riveted anyways. Just making sure it wasn't a no no. :D

Back