What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Names on my canopy skirt

bjconst

I would like to put my wife's name and mine on the canopy skirt of our rv-8. does any one have some pictures or ideas on what is normal. I'm drawing a blank, and would like to have it done by Oshkosh. Letter size and placement and what if anything besides our names. Thank You, Bob

I put my son's name on co-pilot side. He got a big kick out of that. Go to any vinyl shop that does auto decals. I found one small shop in the mall. Tell them what you want and they'll have samples of different fonts and sizes to choose from.

cwvDm9asA3Lw9atmAbl5etGTDg

FYI......letter styles

...don't forget, it's easy, and kinda looks nice, when you use a formal letter style for the 'title' ( such as 'PILOT') and then a flowing script for the name.
It's also pretty easy to sign your name with a fat marker, then scan it, and cut it in vinyl, if you like that kind of personal touch.

That's a great shot, Mark. Saw you coming back from that event. Good fun landing with that crosswind!

No kidding. The guy in the Cherokee in front of me had to go around so I thought "Uh oh..." However, some kind of miracle/star alignment happened and I got it down on the first go. Never happens when there is a crowd watching :D

No kidding. The guy in the Cherokee in front of me had to go around so I thought "Uh oh..." However, some kind of miracle/star alignment happened and I got it down on the first go. Never happens when there is a crowd watching :D

You had at least one witness for that landing, Mark. I'll vouch for ya! :D (At the time I was thinking about how busy your feet had to be on those pedals - that wind was all over the map.)

Back