What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wright-Patterson AFM

nedrose

I plan on attending the fly in at Triple Tree in September and after that, go North to Michigan. It seems the Air Force Museum is on the way and having never been there, would like to stop. I am looking for suggestions as to local airports and any other information that may be of help. I am sure many on this forum have already done this . Feel free to PM me.

Ned Rose
42TD

Ned- My son & I visited the AF Museum and flew into Greene County Regional airport (I19) back in 2010.. We arranged for a rental car which was delivered and waiting for us at the airport. Very short drive to the museum...I think maybe 15-20 minutes. Very easily done and recommend it.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/r...0d96a3f9e13315f89dbf2f35f7&sid=9AasnDFy5bqLrw

ry%3D400

Was just there - was treated very well at Springfield, in fact, the best service at a FBO in a long time. Rental car arrangements were very easy.

Dan

Very highly recommended. I'm not much of a museum person, but there is just so much hardware in there to look at. We spent a solid two days there seven years ago and I can't wait to go back. Make sure you go visit the "experimental" hangars that are on base via secured bus. Also go visit Huffman Prairie Flying Field. It is nice and quiet up there, you can almost feel the presence of the Wright Brothers.

Back