Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Wish I had known about the through the baffle setup for the injector lines----looks like a cleaner setup than what I have. Three less lines on top of the engine.

Got any close up shots of the bracket holding the injector lines and the ignition wires? Looks like a slice of alum angle sandwiched between the Adel clamps.
Hello Mike,
When you get the fuel block from SDS it includes a drill template. I just opened up four of the holes to accept the -AN3 hardware. I then used the drill template as a doubler. That is what you see on the frontside of the baffle.

The fuel line and spark plug holder brackets are aluminum scrap I cut to fit and adel clamps. I was worried that steel brackets may be required; however, none of the aluminum brackets have cracked and I’m at 400+ hours. The plastic spark plug wire holders were purchased at www.Jegs.com and bolted to aluminum brackets.
RV-14. #140039 Complete
Flight hours: 400+
2020 Dues Paid
The Dues Paid note is a reminder for me
Old 03-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Thanks Marvin, appreciate you posting a response.

I already have the fuel distribution block that is mounted to the top case split, and all lines in place. That puts the fuel supply, fuel return, and fuel pressure lines inside the baffling.

I just think your setup is a lot cleaner------basically jealous I am.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 AM

We've had a few people ask about impact of the Wuhan virus on our operations lately.

So far, no impact on CNC machining and kit production but we have had some delays in getting parts out of some of our US suppliers over the last 2 weeks which could eventually impact kit completion. Parts are shipped apparently now so hopefully they show up this week.

We had placed volume orders on some components which we thought could be impacted, back in Feb. so have a good supply of most of these parts.

The back order volume is pushing new system deliveries out to about 3 weeks now. Doing our best to keep the orders going out while folks have time to work on their planes!

As always, thank you for all the support from VAF members.

Ross Farnham, Calgary, Alberta
Turbo Subaru EJ22, SDS EFI, Marcotte M-300, IVO, Shorai- RV6A C-GVZX flying from CYBW since 2003- 437.8 hrs. on the Hobbs,
RV10 95% built- Sold 2016
http://www.sdsefi.com/aircraft.html
http://sdsefi.com/cpi2.htm

Old 03-26-2020, 03:40 PM

Default All Lit Up

Here is Rusty Crawford's new panel powered up with the latest SDS Design1 programmer installed just below the glare shield. Very nice.

Rusty has all the latest EM-5 upgrades now.

Turbo Subaru EJ22, SDS EFI, Marcotte M-300, IVO, Shorai- RV6A C-GVZX flying from CYBW since 2003- 437.8 hrs. on the Hobbs,

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Default Update

A number of people have contacted us, wondering if we are still operating at this time.

Yes, we are still producing and shipping parts, systems and providing tech support and system updates as before. So far, most of our US and Canadian suppliers are still able to keep us supplied and postal and courier companies continue to pick up and deliver. Our operation has not been impacted in any major way so far.

With testing on the new Rotax 912 kit almost complete now, we anticipate starting to machine parts finally around the middle of this month so we can start filling orders for those on our "list" in early May.

Many folks are saying they finally have time to work on their planes now. We can ship fuel system parts to keep your build going if you're close to that point.

Thank you to everyone for their continued support in these tough times.

Last edited by rv6ejguy : Yesterday at 10:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Ross,
What’s the lead time on the starter ring gear/“flywheel” assemblies with customization (anodizing, and leaving out some of the lightening holes)? I just discovered my O-360 parts came with an O-320 starter ring—the holes are smaller and it won’t go on <facepalm>

On another note, what’s the general favored place for the case-mount fuel block on an O-360? Pick up the hole where the lifting strap usually goes and use two straps, or go just forward of that strap? I’m playing with my install now and they both seem to have advantages.

Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartingt View Post
Ross,
What’s the lead time on the starter ring gear/“flywheel” assemblies with customization (anodizing, and leaving out some of the lightening holes)? I just discovered my O-360 parts came with an O-320 starter ring—the holes are smaller and it won’t go on <facepalm>

On another note, what’s the general favored place for the case-mount fuel block on an O-360? Pick up the hole where the lifting strap usually goes and use two straps, or go just forward of that strap? I’m playing with my install now and they both seem to have advantages.

Thanks!
Anodizing flywheels usually takes about 1 week. Getting flywheels with no lightening holes would have to wait until the next run which would be some time as we just got a fresh batch 2 weeks ago.

For the case mount fuel block, generally people remove the lifting eye. I think the line lengths allow you to move it one hole or so, depending on preference.