Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > GPS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2020, 04:21 PM

I downloaded the new software to my data card and installed it on my GNC355. When finished, I could not get the unit to power up in normal mode, it would stay in the configuration mode. Once I removed the data card the unit powered up normally. Apparently if you leave the data card in your unit without deleting the software update it wants to reinstall the update every time it is powered on. Up to this point I have always left my data card in the unit for safekeeping, however I would recommend either downloading the update on a separate data card or deleting the software update from the nav data card.
RV6 #20477 completed 1991 sold.
RV7 #72018 N767T first flight 11/21/2017 300+ hrs.
IO-360M1B MT 3 blade, Dual AFS 5600 QUICK Panel.
Manual Flaps. KOXC Oxford, CT
1941 J3 Cub skis,floats.
2019 dues gladly paid.

Last edited by Jpm757 : 03-28-2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Ad
Old 03-28-2020, 09:10 PM

Jake,

Concur with your findings. Another VAF bubba at RTS downloaded the software update on a separate card, and we both used that card. While I was loading the software update in my 375, I downloaded a Nav Database update on the Garmin card, and when the software update was complete, shut down, swapped the cards, and re-started. Worked like a champ! So good call Jake. (And thanks Brian for the help!).

Cheers,
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm757 View Post
I downloaded the new software to my data card and installed it on my GNC355. When finished, I could not get the unit to power up in normal mode, it would stay in the configuration mode. Once I removed the data card the unit powered up normally. Apparently if you leave the data card in your unit without deleting the software update it wants to reinstall the update every time it is powered on. Up to this point I have always left my data card in the unit for safekeeping, however I would recommend either downloading the update on a separate data card or deleting the software update from the nav data card.
President/Sport 47/49, Sport Class Air Racing
President, Formation Flying Inc (FFI)
Flight Lead, Lightning Formation Airshows
Old 03-30-2020, 07:29 AM

Default Service Bulletin Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm757 View Post
This is covered in the software bulletin document, Part II Step 11 and 12. As part of the software update process, the software loader card must be removed from the unit once the update is complete.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblanck View Post
The service bulletin describes changes from v3.03 to v3.1. A unit we just updated hadn't been updated since it was installed and had v2.02. Are there change logs for releases between older versions available online anywhere?

-Greg
Update to 3.02:
  • Corrected incompatibility issue with KI 208A and KI 209A.
  • Corrected issue for GNX 375 with use of “Generate ICAO from Tail” in config mode, so that use of this feature will now correctly calculate ICAO address.
  • Added display of GPS Boot software version in Config mode.
  • Changed default of user fields on the map to combined DTK/TRK (Desired Track / Track) in top
    right and DIS/BRG APT (Distance/Bearing from Destination Airport) in bottom right.

Update to 3.03:
  • Fixes an issue where some traffic targets may be missed when over 200 targets
    are in range
  • Fixes an issue where prioritization of selected traffic over
    non-selected traffic was not occurring. This could result in removal of selected traffic, if 60 or
    more other aircraft are closer than selected traffic
  • Clarified AFMS completion instructions.
  • Clarified installation instructions for aircraft without an avionics bus.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:39 PM

thanks for the changelog Justin.
RV-8 Build Log