What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An RVaitor is moving on to bigger things!

catmandu

Well Known Member
An RViator is moving on to bigger things!

My friend Christine is the daughter of my friend Ed (N40ES). I have been blessed to be able to provide them with my CFI services, first in their family Cardinal, and eventually in their family RV-10, which perhaps I may have influenced them into buying. :rolleyes:

Along the way, I gave Christine her first RV ride in my -6A, with some obligatory upside-down time. I believe she liked that.

But Christine was a bit of a slacker. She was ONLY a Private Pilot and a Volcanologist, travelling the world to see molten lava while taking my texts as I drove through the Sierras, with questions only an Earth Scientist could answer.

She decided there might be more to do in life, and found herself looking to become a commissioned officer for NOAA. Granted, driving a boat and not driving the science was not exactly what she wanted, but there was another plan: three years as a deck officer and she could apply to be NOAA Aviator! So, she worked through the process, and was accepted for 17 weeks of Officer Training, done concurrently with the US Coast Guard OCS in New London, CT.

Tonight was billet selection night in New London, where the Officer Candidates learned their first assignments. Ever the slacker, she apparently convinced NOAA that three years was too long to wait, she was selected to go straight to Pilot Training!

xJF7W5Rl.jpg

I'll let her proud Dad tell you of her future slacker plans. :)

Last edited:
Back