What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Participate in Avweb GA own/build/equip poll?

moosepileit

Well Known Member
Participate in Avweb/Kitplanes GA own/build/equip poll?

This seems to fit, "News" and "RVs" as the type are called out in the poll. Took less than 5 minutes. Link to poll at end of linked story.

"AVweb Conducting Pilot Survey
By AVweb Staff | February 12, 2019

Ever thought about building your own kit plane? Finally settled on the right ADS-B equipment for your mission? We want to hear about it. From jets and LSAs to avionics and headsets, AVweb?s pilot survey is seeking information on what kinds of aircraft you?ve been flying and the equipment you use in the air.

"The aviation industry is very dynamic," said AVweb's Tim Cole. "There are a lot of new products intended to catch a pilot's attention, and we want to gain a better understanding of our readers' needs so we can get them the information they want." Cole added the survey only takes a few minutes, and will help editors better identify coverage areas in the weeks and months to come."

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/AVweb-Conducting-Pilot-Survey-232251-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Our colleagues at Avweb were learning so much about their readership’s interests and opinions that we at Kitplanes decided to do the same thing! If you want to participate in the purely “experimental” survey, you can find it here:

https://kitplanes-2019-reader-survey.questionpro.com/

We’ve already had about 1500 responses in less than 24 hours, so it must be fairly painless...

Paul

Mods- OP thread title update?

Saw Paul's post, took the Kitplanes survey.

Can a moderator edit this thread title to include Kitplanes' survey to catch eyes more easily?

I filled out the AvWeb survey, but, as so often happens, it is "rigged" toward certain manufacturers. It asks, "Among multi-component manufacturers, who do you prefer?". No where is there the answer, "I don't buy everything from one manufacturer; I shop for the best autopilot, best nav-com, best gps ("best" for my needs) regardless of manufacturer. e.g., many different ones.

Our colleagues at Avweb were learning so much about their readership?s interests and opinions that we at Kitplanes decided to do the same thing! If you want to participate in the purely ?experimental? survey, you can find it here:

https://kitplanes-2019-reader-survey.questionpro.com/

We?ve already had about 1500 responses in less than 24 hours, so it must be fairly painless...

Paul

I am a subscriber and tried to take the survey,but it had an error in it: It asked a yes/no question about building an airplane, then would not allow me to complete the survey without answering the ?no? choice, even though I replied ?yes? to the previous question. I am building an RV-14A. :D.

I am a subscriber and tried to take the survey,but it had an error in it: It asked a yes/no question about building an airplane, then would not allow me to complete the survey without answering the ?no? choice, even though I replied ?yes? to the previous question. I am building an RV-14A. :D.

I?ll have the minions check it out.....thanks!

Paul

The kitplanes quiz doesn't readily provide a path to respond for multiple aircraft/projects.

You?re right - just picked my latest project and answered that way. I didn?t design the survey, it?s not perfect, but is generating lots of good/useful responses!

If the survey does not accurately reflect the situation of the survey taker and he/she is forced to "game" the system to move on, how is the data useful?

To what end is the info being used? What does Kitplanes want to know?

Off the top of my head I'd say that 50% of the Kitplanes survey is unanswerable as written.

If the survey does not accurately reflect the situation of the survey taker and he/she is forced to "game" the system to move on, how is the data useful?

Aaahhhh - and now you've just discovered the basis of all political surveys! :cool:

Back