What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Christmas present for your RV

MsMiner

As a Christmas present, my wife opened up a savings account for me so that I can start saving for an RV kit. It was a small gift considering the overall costs of building an airplane. The most meaningful part is that she is willing to support this lifestyle and invest in a dream.

Anyways, enough about that. What is the best gift, Christmas or not, that you received from someone to go towards the building or operation of your RV?

Not a Christmas present but a Birthday present which is close to the same time from my wife is 8 hours of help in the garage (RV related) with a smile on her face. Best present I could ask for.

I purchased an empennage kit (completed when purchased) and a wing kit (not started) last year. But haven't actually started any work myself..

My wife for Christmas bought me a Tool Box practice kit and a sun shade for my other RV :)

Oh - and she told me to buy myself a garage wall organizer (tool box/storage/work bench thing)..

Awesome!

I purchased an empennage kit (completed when purchased) and a wing kit (not started) last year. But haven't actually started any work myself..

My wife for Christmas bought me a Tool Box practice kit and a sun shade for my other RV :)

Oh - and she told me to buy myself a garage wall organizer (tool box/storage/work bench thing)..

Awesome!

Ok I gotta ask......if you have a flying 9a why are you going to build one?

I'm nowhere near needing it yet but couldn't pass up a beautiful 3 blade Catto prop that was for sale on vaf. Told my wife not to get me any Christmas presents that the prop was it. She didn't listen though and still got me some stuff. Since the prop is for a 360 that made my decision on what engine I'm putting on it.

Getting the wings fit.
FP31122017A00051.jpg

That's great Miles. Don't freeze up there!

Thank you Rocky! OAT got all the way up to 12F that day. I keep the hangar at 50F 24/7. I raised it to 55 before plugging the wings in but I got too warm and turned it back down. (2 layers, t-shirt and flannel shirt, and flannel-lined jeans.) If I'm just hanging out not working, I can get it up to 60 in about 10 minutes.;)

Santa brought me a new to me GPS-400 so I don't have to wait out weather over at the ILS field when things are poopie at the home drone. I am giddy as a kid, makes one wake up at 0427 local and consider going to the hangar to work on installing it, even with wind chill of -4*F.

Best Christmas present for my RV

Was buying a house and hangar on an airpark with 3,000 paved runway then moving in November before Thanksgiving so that my RV could spend Christmas in its new hangar.

My RV received (yet to be installed) an Anti-Splat oil cooler shutter and heated seat pads. Sure wish they were already installed with this unusually cold weather.

Back