What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kroger shade for a 7a?

Paul K

Well Known Member
So, I am thinking of getting a Kroger shade and Van's list two sizes. From those who have them, what would you suggest? I have a 7a slider with glass panel if that makes a difference.

Shades

I believe one size is for the slider and the other the tip-up. I love mine in the tip up.

They offer two for the slider, the $160 standard shade, and a $230 super shade! Not much description to go along with these other than the super is 4" wider and 10" longer, thus the question. I have no idea what would be better and hope one of you with experience can lend an opinion. Photos would really help!

I just installed the "Super Shade". That sucker is big! Mine is on a slider but it works for either slider or tip. You have to order the correct one though I believe. If you can afford it get the bigger one. Covers more, and the smaller one can't grow any. If the big one covers too much just pull it back some!

I purchased one a few years ago before the "super" model. (-7A slider.) It's a very effective screen and I don't feel that I'd benefit by the larger size and if I were ordering today I'd stay with that. I am very happy to have it on hot summer days - it really helps.

Dan

Yep. When I bought mine 'super' wasn't an option. The regular provides plenty of shade for both and still good vis out the sides.

Back