What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lowrance 2000C update

Skint

Well Known Member
I am glad that I do not rush to junk old computers........

So it appears that one cannot buy updates for this unit either from LEI or Jeppensen. Thus my No Airport Data message was leaving me very irritated so I started looking back and in May 2009 I had attempted to download an update. The instructions to do so I found confusing but I did manage to download an update. However, I put it on my desktop and not straight onto the data card. I remember paying my $ 35.00 so I assume I unlocked it but not in the proper way I guess. I then moved the new file onto the data card and moved the existing file onto my desktop. My brother (an ATP) and I spent at least 3 hours trying to figure out this process.

My guess is the new file was and is locked and that is why I got the error messages. The unlock is somewhere on my C drive......maybe.

Anyway, I dug out the old PC and the old file was still on the desktop. I copied it to a dongle, brought it home from the office, and moved it onto the data card. I removed the "new" file from the data card.

Back to the airport and Voila! the airport data is back.

Confirmed again, I have no future in IT....

Back