What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

Skint

Well Known Member
N704RT, 7a, flew for the first time today. Had some lingering fog at Livermore, CA and choppy winds ( that's my excuse for the l..o..n..g.. landing). All temps good, left wing a little heavy but a great experience.
You know, other pilots are great guys! Somehow lots showed up and were very supportive and pleased with the outcome.
Thanks to everyone who helped this happen for me.

Well done!

Best wishes and thousands trouble-free hours to you Tim! Congratulations!

I thought that was you....!

I was standing at the fuel pit talking with my building mentor when I saw you land. I just got back from Idaho and had no idea you were this close to first flight.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

What's your test area?

All best

Jeremy Constant

First flight

Thanks, everyone.
There were a couple of times over the years that I was not sure I would finish her.......life's interruptions, money etc.Now I can hardly believe it! Of course, she is not really finished but now I am at the start of finishing....pants, paint, tweaks......
First though, I am going flying in MY plane!

Good job

Tim -

I am temporarily based at Livermore and I have my 6A in the south hangar area. I heard you talking to the tower saying that it was your maiden flight and could not help but come out and watch you launch and also caught your landing. Don't feel bad about landing long, I missed a 5,000' runway on my first solo attempt and went around. I kinda just figured you were taking it home to Pleasanton.
I tried to look you up after the flight to congratulate you but I did not find you. You may have seen me circling the the north hangers in my white truck with the yellow light (I do a good imitation of the City guys but I am not one of them). I am glad you posted so I to get the chance now to say CONGRATS!

Last edited:
Nice going, Tim!!

Fly real hard this week, and maybe you can bring her up here to Vans' Homecoming! (j/k)

Can't wait to see some pics!

Back