What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seattle Area static/pitot checks recommendation...

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
The only major item I have left is the static/pitot check and the data correspondence check on my altimeter/encoder. I called the FBO this morning. There is more to it than I thought. First I have to remove my altimeter and encoder and have those calibrated to each other. I think this is called an Altimeter/Encoder correspondence check. They said that will take 2-3 weeks! Yikes! And that their tech will be out all of July, if I don't get too it in the next few days.

Does anyone have recommendations on another shop, or even better someone that would come to my hangar and do these checks?

I'm in the Seattle area. In particular my airplane is at Paine Field.

Thanks,
Michael-

pitot check

At KLVK there is a guy who comes to your hangar and does this test, then issues the cert to go in your log book. No removal of equipment. He has done this 3 times for me: the very first one and then 2 renewals 2 years apart. I recollect the first one was around $140.00 then the others around $80.00.
There must be someone near you who can provide the same service. Have you spoken with the local EAA chapter?
Good luck

Tim

Soloy

I had mine done at Soloy, at KOLM, I have Dynon glass, he did everything there no removal of instruments.

They are on the west side of the field south of runway 08/26.

Cheers

Back