What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint cost increase

Paint cost

My sign shop uses Matthews Polyurethane, another PPG product. Their Ultra Low VOC paints for their mixing stations are around $200 per gallon for white/black and up to $240 per gallon for red/blues. Plus catalyst and reducer.
I would say that our paint cost has almost doubled in the past three years. Factor in additional legal disposal requirements, booth permits and hazmat stuff too as they have soared.
Now when we paint a sign, we line item the cost on quotes. Never used to be that much of a factor.

Tim

I recently painted my RV-6 and have done several paint jobs on auto restorations. I used Valspar and SPI products. Prices were in line with what I have seen in the past few years. PPG is over-priced in my opinion and you can find products of similar or better quality at a much lower cost. I am a big fan of the SPI line for epoxy and clear coat. They also have very nice single stage, but only have a few colors and don't tint (I used their red and white). Their clear is very forgiving for amateurs.

Larr

Last edited:
Back