What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crossfire Magneto Service

pa38112

Well Known Member
Has anyone used Crossfire for their 500hr inspection, and would you recommend them? They charge $175, where most other shops charge $350. From what I know of the work involved, $175 seems to be more in line than $350!

I had both of my Mags serviced by them just a few months ago. They did a great job, very fast and friendly but more importantly a great job with the Mags. The came back all cleaned up and looked brand new.

Highly recommend them.

Great Service from Crossfire

Ditto. Great service, less than a week turnaround. Highly recommend them

Very helpful

I had my Slick mags done at Crossfire and had great service and quality workmanship.

I just got my magnetos back from Crossfire and was a little shocked by the sticker. I would have been better off going with one of the flat rate outfits. My magnetos only needed the standard 500 hr. service, but the standard parts for this took the price to $870. Most flat-rate places charge $350 each, so the cost would have been $700.

I just got my magnetos back from Crossfire and was a little shocked by the sticker. I would have been better off going with one of the flat rate outfits. My magnetos only needed the standard 500 hr. service, but the standard parts for this took the price to $870. Most flat-rate places charge $350 each, so the cost would have been $700.

Are you sure that only the mandatory 500 hour inspection parts were replaced? The flat rate only covers the inspection and mandatory parts replacement. I would venture to guess that your mags needed additional parts which are very expensive.

You will spend about the same as with other shops - $750 for the pair. Crossfire replaces the large plastc gear, the points and the shaft seal. They also replace the carbon brush and the carbon cam per those Service Bulletins. After a good cleaning, the mags are like new once again.
Their webpage needs updating so call them beforehand to discuss options.

Back