What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A transition training

hlangebro

Well Known Member
I am still a few months away from first flight and all that, but I would like to know if anyone knows of someone that can provide transition training in Southern California? I live in Simi Valley and I am planning to move the 7A out to Camarillo (CMA) when the time comes.
If not, where else, within reasonable distance, would be a good place for transition training?

Congrats on getting close to fledging.

Mike Seeger is top notch, but northern Oregeon may be too far for you??

Transition training

Hi Mike,

Well, I havent found anyone down here, so going up to oregon to get the transition might not be such a bad idea after all!

Does he have a 7A? Seems like the traning is done in a 6A, which is not that different anyway...

I will check with him,

Thanks

transition training

I fly out of KLVK.
I did mine with Mike Seager. His tri gear is a 6 and his field, grass. I was building a 7a.
He was great and I would highly recommend him.

I did mine with Reuven Silberman at Gillespie field in the san Diego area. He has a 7A and traveled to my home field for a portion of my training. Went well, and I recommend him. Poke around, but if you are interested and can't find his contact info, I'm sure I can dig it up.

Erich

Transition Training - SoCal

I also used Reuven Silberman. He can be reache at [email protected]

He has a 7A with a constant speed prop and 180HP at Gillespie in El Cajon San Diego - training is excellent.

Training

Thanks guys!
I will check with both of them. San Diego is definately within driving range!

Alex D

Come to Texas and get away from the left coast :D

Just kidding. Alex De Dominicis in the Dallas area is great. Its worth the trip.

Also, make sure the instructor is acceptable to your insurance company. I needed 5 hours dual and 5 hours solo for insurance requirements. They also wanted to know the intructor's credentials.

Transition Training

Just got back from Oregon. Mike is a real "stick and rudder" man. You'll know how to fly that bird when he's done with you. It was good for this rusty pilot. Vernonia is a really nice little town in the Oregon woods. Stayed in Rock Creek B&B, and my wife and I really enjoyed it. She rode the bike trail while I flew. Most of the pattern work we did was at the paved runway in Scappose, but landing at the slopeing grass strip in Vernonia at the end of each session was good experience.

Back