What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot and AOA Lines in Wing

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I am faced with running some pitot and aoa tubing thru the completed wings, the only choice is thru large lightening holes.
I don't like the idea of the tubing wearing against the ribs, the only thought I have had is to glue some pieces of hose, or wrap tape at the point it rubs on the ribs. Does anyone have any good ideas of how best to do this?

Pitot AOA tubing

I recollect I bought several very long extensions for my drill and drilled from the wing root toward the inspection panels until I could reach no further. Then reached through the inspection panels to drill to reach my target. Inserted plastic bushings in the holes. Used different color tubing to help avoid confusion on the AOA connection. Stein sells great snap on connectors and elbows for the tubing. You would need the little tube cutting tool too: must have square cuts for correct seal. I had no leaks on my static test. Also, I had the Dynon pitot and you need to transition from the metal tubing on the pitot to the plastic tubing. I think I got those fittings from ACS.

Thanks. Someone used to sell a kit for the connections, included some quick connectors for the wing root, since I have the 12 removeable wings, included some tubing as well. Anyone recall who sold that kit?

Back