What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lowrance 2000C Data missing

Skint

Well Known Member
I have been struggling with my 2000C. When I ask it to find Airports, VOR's etc, it reports no aircraft data in the system. Now it has been sitting for 12-18 months but all the aviation data seems to be gone.
I checked the LEI website but they say they have no data available.

Any suggestions?

Lowrance issues

Thanks. Just got back home from hangar. Downloaded the reader driver and the Unlock program.....could'nt even get those to download at the hangar.
Tomorrow I will pick up the reader and MM card and try to buy an update. I recollect seeing 4 files on the MM including terrain Awareness. If I buy just the Americas update, that should do it, ya think?

Thanks. Just got back home from hangar. Downloaded the reader driver and the Unlock program.....could'nt even get those to download at the hangar.
Tomorrow I will pick up the reader and MM card and try to buy an update. I recollect seeing 4 files on the MM including terrain Awareness. If I buy just the Americas update, that should do it, ya think?

That should work. But I would think if you had an old data file, it should show up just fine. I've got one that is at least a year old, and I can bring up aviation datapoint without a problem. Before spending $$ on a new data update, I'd try to get the old data to show up and solve that problem first.

Lowrance database updates no longer supported

I notice that the "No Data Available" notices are still up:

http://www.lei-extras.com/store/jepp_db.asp

The dates for the Current and Next database cycles appear to be correct, though.

If you are somehow able to successfully obtain a database update, please post.

the following was posted to one of the Matronics lists a few weeks ago and is consistent with what I've found:

I was asked to forward this information on in case you guys hadn't heard....

Please be advised - not only does Lowrance NOT make/sell any more Aviation GPS units, you cannot get
a Jeppeson navdata update for them either! I just looked at the LEI site - no updates since April.
I then sent a note to Jeppeson to see if they would supply any data updates for Lowrance units.

Below is the query and dismal answer:

==================================
To: Support@JeppDirect
Subject: Data updates

It appears that Lowrance no longer supplies the Jepp updates for their 1000 and 2000C GPS units.

Will these updates be supplied by you for downloading?

==================================

Their response:

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the long delay in responding to you

Unfortunately, we have stopped all support on all Lowrance Units

Lowrance has shut down there Aviation Group and we have no further word if they will continue!

When they shut down, we stopped all Navdata Production for those units.

I myself, have the Airmap 2000c and now it's a good paperweight!

I'm forced to buy a Garmin

Sorry Sir

========================

I have a 2000C mounted in my panel and wired to my Dynon and EZ-Pilot autopilot. Looks like it's an orphan with respect to database updates.
I carry charts and fly VFR so it's fine for now but I like to keep the database somewhat up to date and will probably replace the gps and re-do that part of my panel sometime in the next year.

Check your SD data card in the back of the unit.
This happened to me a couple of times where the card vibrated out of the socket.
I ended up duct taping it in to prevent it from backing out.
Since then, about 2 years, it hasn't backed out again.

Last edited:
If someone thinks that a 2000c is a paperweight, I will offer them some nominal amount plus shipping if the paperweight GPS is functional.

Back