What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon aoa pitot

Emery

I am in latter stage build of an RV-9.

I plan on buying Dynon products at some point in the future.

I will be closing up a wing soon, so I am thinking it wise to install a Dynon AOA pitot (unheated) now while it is easy to do so.

My questions are:
(1)For the interim, will the Dynon AOA pitot also work for steam guage type airspeed indicator?
(2) Or, should I install BOTH the pitot that the plans show as well as the Dynon pitot?
(3) does anyone out there have an unheated Dynon AOA pitot (used is ok) that they want to sell?

Thanks Emery

I am in latter stage build of an RV-9.

I plan on buying Dynon products at some point in the future.

I will be closing up a wing soon, so I am thinking it wise to install a Dynon AOA pitot (unheated) now while it is easy to do so.

My questions are:
(1)For the interim, will the Dynon AOA pitot also work for steam guage type airspeed indicator?
(2) Or, should I install BOTH the pitot that the plans show as well as the Dynon pitot?
(3) does anyone out there have an unheated Dynon AOA pitot (used is ok) that they want to sell?

Thanks Emery

The AOA pitot will work fine with a steam gauge. Just don't connect the AOA port.

1- the Dynon pitot will run a steam instrument and efis equally well (and simultaneously)

2- no need to run two pitot tubes

3 - I have an extra Dynon pitot tube. PM me with an offer.

Back