What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hard Wiring an IPAD Mini

jsenft

Well Known Member
I have an Ipad Mini that I plan to hard wire both the power and audio into a -12. I have a DC power supply with Dual USB ports to power the Ipad. The 12v side of the power supply I was going to connect to the Switch Module. Power on Pin 11 (Extra Power) and Ground to Pin 19. The audio cable is a three ring- 4 wire 3.5mm audio cable. As I understand it? Red wire Left Audio Out, White Right Audio Out, Green Ground, Black a/c mic Input.

From the Intercom Module, I was going wire Left Left Audio Out (Red) to Pin 4, Right Audio Out (White) to pin 2, Ground (Green) to pin 15. I don?t know what to do with the a/c mic wire. (Do I even need a four wire cable)

Jim

Wire it through a DB9 connector. That way when Apple changes their connector and your iPad dies, it is is much easier wiring in its replacement.

iPad wiring

Jim,

Thanks for the info on hard wiring the iPad. I've mounted mine, but have yet to wire the power supply. Let us know how it works to use the pins you've described above.
http://i64.tinypic.com/1h2ps6.jpg
Cheers
Barry
Mequon, WI
2017 Dues Happily Paid
RV12 N12BB

Your picture look nice. I think I am right about the pins. I thought maybe someone would confirm my wiring. It will be awhile before I am ready to hard wire my system.

I hope to see you at our annual SE Wisconsin RV-12 fly-in this year.

Jim

Back