What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

hat sighting

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Tanya and I took the week off of work and were transported across the country to Yakima, Washington for a week of experimental aircraft construction. We're two days in and I'm just having a ball working all of the big-boy toys along side some real experts...

IMG-3954-1_res.png

We were all still friends after I suggested and demonstrated another way to fish-mouth a particular tube setup. It is weird "touching" someone else's machinery.
IMG-4004_res.png

"Move over, I can work a hydroform press!"
IMG-4026_res.png

Well I know who I visit when I go to Yakima, and they build fun airplanes! I can see the -8 project headed off the edge of the waterfall chart......

Paul

There was another hat sighting today! And guess what, it was VAF advertiser day! It "pays" to advertise. We had a ball of fun again today, and Stein even got an "official" call this morning shortly after we arrived for "work".
IMG-4074_res.png

Tanya literally hijacked the shear press from Rick. "Bang" (1/8" steel hitting the floor). Tanya's head popped up from the task at hand and off she went in search of mischief. "Can I work it!?" "Of course. I need 12 just like this." Yeah, right, like poor Rick had any chance.
IMG-4085_res.png

I saunter up just in time to take a picture. Guess who Didn't get to work the shear press that makes the whole shop floor rumble... :)
IMG-4088_res.png

Last edited:
There was another hat sighting this morning in the great North West. And many thanks to fellow RV driver / builder and DAR from Oregon, Gary Brown. He is a class act if you are working on an airworthiness cert in the North West.

i-NJzQ6xj-L.jpg

Back