What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

West Houston (KIWS)

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
Any PIREPS on West Houston? If I get out of Phase 1 in time, we'd like to fly down for my Niece's wedding and KIWS is the closest airport to my sister's house.

Weiser is at 290 and telge. right behind Carls BBQ. 3 RV's on the field. 3.95 fuel

Any PIREPS on West Houston? If I get out of Phase 1 in time, we'd like to fly down for my Niece's wedding and KIWS is the closest airport to my sister's house.

I've used it several times. Seemed like a friendly place in an impressive building and they used to have cheap Saturday fuel pricing...

Stay under 3000 ft and the Class B is no problem if you are coming from the West..

I've also used Sugarland once, and found they had no tie down rings/cables in the transient area. :rolleyes:

West Houston is a nice little airport, under the Class B veil, easy in and out with the usual mix of corporate, flight school and personal flying going on... with the occasional CAF warbird types buzzing around😀. Not a lot of experimental or RV activity here though. The transient terminal is a nice facility on the west side of field; weekends have discounted fuel prices and a continental breakfast/lunch set up. Overnight hangars can be had, but you'd have to call and ask about prices, I'm not too sure about that.

West Houston is a nice little airport, under the Class B veil, easy in and out with the usual mix of corporate, flight school and personal flying going on... with the occasional CAF warbird types buzzing around😀. Not a lot of experimental or RV activity here though. The transient terminal is a nice facility on the west side of field; weekends have discounted fuel prices and a continental breakfast/lunch set up. Overnight hangars can be had, but you'd have to call and ask about prices, I'm not too sure about that.

Correction to IWS... There is plenty of experimental AND RV activity at IWS, just no building on the field... IWS is a very convenient, friendly, accessible place to park your plane. They have a large extended ramp, decent weekend fuel prices, and very good service regardless of the type or size of airplane. In the west Houston area, the only other convenient airport would be Houston Executive... KTME.

Victor

Back