What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Light kit Molex tool

Marteck - I'm pretty sure there is a Molex pin removable tool that can be purchased .... however, I've had good luck in the past using a very very thin shafted jewelers screwdriver. It takes a delicate touch but the jewelers screwdriver works well for removing the standard .093 and .062" pins that slide into the nylon Molex connectors. All it takes is to gently push the shaft of the screwdriver down onto the locking tab just enough to flex it back a little and the pins will slide out .... try not to over bend the tabs if you are planning on reinserting the wire/pin back into the connector. If memory serves me correctly the male pins have two locking tabs that need to be gently bent back whereas the female only has one locking tab.

Prior to reinserting the pin, use a fingernail or the tip of the jewelers screwdriver to very gently bend the locking tabs back out so they can lock when reinserted.

I bought a removal tool from Radio Shack several years ago before they went belly up. Try Google and Amazon. It looks like a small tube with half the wall cut away. You might be able to make one from a brass ball point pen refill.

Back