What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need CFI for RV-6A Instruction/Ferry CA to GA

FlyingBanker

Well Known Member
Patron
I've just agreed to purchase an VFR RV-6A that is based in Livermore, CA. I'm in Eatonton, GA. I need to get a CFI that can either go with me or meet me in Livermore and fly back to Georgia with me during the period between 12/26 and 1/1 (should give time for any weather delays) giving me transition instruction while we make the journey to Georgia. I'm currently working with Vern Darley out of KFFA to try to get this scheduled, but not sure if he is going to be able to make it work, and looking for another option or two to make the logistics and timing work. Anyone interested or know anyone who is interested, please send me a PM to let me know. Thanks.

And by the way, I'm incredibly excited to be joining the RV world.

When I sold my 7A to a gentleman out in Washington State, I recommended he hire Mike Seager. Mike and the new owner flew commercial to Milwaukee, WI, where I picked them up to overnight at our home. Mike flew back with the new owner and gave him valuable training in route. I would give Mike a call and check his availability. Can't get any better than Mike!!!

Roberta:)

Not CFI, but...

I've just agreed to purchase an VFR RV-6A that is based in Livermore, CA. I'm in Eatonton, GA. I need to get a CFI that can either go with me or meet me in Livermore and fly back to Georgia with me during the period between 12/26 and 1/1 (should give time for any weather delays) giving me transition instruction while we make the journey to Georgia. I'm currently working with Vern Darley out of KFFA to try to get this scheduled, but not sure if he is going to be able to make it work, and looking for another option or two to make the logistics and timing work. Anyone interested or know anyone who is interested, please send me a PM to let me know. Thanks.

And by the way, I'm incredibly excited to be joining the RV world.

I am not CFI but I am commercial/instrument. I could possible go ferry the plane with you if you can't find a CFI option. I live near Nashville, TN.

Jeff

Back