What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon static ports

Mckay

Building a 14 and looking to install these ports, a search has not produced any results. Has anyone installed these? Good or bad options so far?

So far every installation I have tested for static error has been really good. Others, including my own have had significant errors.

I cant say which won't work but the Dynon port if installed correctly is a good one.

DO NOT use the push in connections, but the Nylo Seal connections and make sure you use the expensive little inserts. Trust me on this. I have seen more pitot static leaks than I care to think about with the push in connections.

Hi David,
I have to install my pitot/static lines soon. Where do you get your fittings from?
Looking for a local Aussie supplier.
Cheers,
Joe

Building a 14 and looking to install these ports, a search has not produced any results. Has anyone installed these? Good or bad options so far?

I have them installed on my RV8. The outside of the static port resembles the rounded rivet head in Van's instruction.

Hi David,
I have to install my pitot/static lines soon. Where do you get your fittings from?
Looking for a local Aussie supplier.
Cheers,
Joe

Not sure about retail suppliers. Aircraft Spruce.....I just go to my selection of components ;) I do buy them from an industry wholesaler, which will not help you.

I could post you some down for a small fee if you get stuck. I will send you my contact details.

We pulled the entire Pitot Static system out of our Oz RV9A and installed the Dynon AoA Heated Pitot following the instructions verbatim using all the supplied fittings.

Had to order some extra NPT push-to-connect fittings from Utah Pneumatics to install into the back of the backup steam gauges. Everyone here seemed to stock only BSP threaded fittings. Sent to Jandakot pre-covid so took a week.

Had some concerns regarding some of the reviews of the gold coloured (Cleveland?) static ports and plastic push-to-connect fittings that come in the Dynon kit.

Passed the pneumatic test first go and after flying two squares offset at 45? to each other found to have a 1KT error in airspeed and a 10 ft error in altitude with reference to Kevin Horton's method and two independent stand alone GPS iPad apps (if that counts).

Very, very happy with the Dynon product including the static ports.

Back