What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just picked up our RV-7A.

Charles C

Well Known Member
Last night I flew to IL to look at a beautiful RV-7A with the hopes of buying it. Looked at it and flew it this morning and knew I had to have it. I made the deal and look forward to my flight to GA tomorrow and onto FL on Wednesday. I have always wanted an RV since I was a kid and now the dream has come true, some 25 years later. Looking forward to many flights and hours flying around and taking trips with my wife.

Thanks Terry for the great plane and to Terry for the flight this morning, and yes they are two different people...LOL

IMG_2836_zpse7f7898b.jpg

Last edited:
Charles,

Congratulations on your new -7A. Looks like a nice one. We all look forward to seeing you and your wife at the fly-ins and other adventures.

Congrats again, Charles!

I thoroughly enjoyed our demo flight this morning. :D. You have a wonderful airplane that I'm sure you and your spouse will enjoy for a long time.
Fly high, fly safe, and stay in touch!

Awesome Charles! The Terry's were my hangar neighbors when I lived in Bloomington (I was on the end where your photographer was taking the pic next to Terry W's). Enjoy the airplane!

I miss that view from my hangar looking at the chapter hangar and sharing the hangar row with a couple of great homebuilders!:cool:

Welcome to the RV Owners club.
Hope you and co-pilots love it for many years.
Happy Landings,
Daddyman

Smaller tires

Congrats Charles. I'm sure your dad can't wait for his ride. For those that didn't know ... Charles's dad is Vernon Pecham who MC'd the ultralight field at sun n fun for many years.

Are you still going to move the wheel up front to the back??

Congrats Charles. This is your invitation to come join us for breakfast every Wednesday morning at Sebring KSEF. Everything starts at 0800 and goes until we have had our fill of good food and good conversation.
You are going to love that little machine!

Congrats!

We also bought a flying RV7a, you are going to absolutely love to fly it and tinker with it. Fun flights, loops and rolls, cross country and ifr, the RV7a can do it all. Fun to fly, easy to land.

Yours is a beauty

I am so happy for both of you. Happy trails in the sky. Come on down to stuart this winter for a visit. How about a panel pic, my favorite part of each rv. Does your lady like it too? ;)

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. My Wife and I are looking forward to many flights with her.

Here are a few photos that I took during the trip.
My first selfi.

IMG_2840_zpse58288db.jpg

Panel shot.

IMG_2841_zpsa2798513.jpg

Tennessee Mountains

IMG_2857_zps5e408e6e.jpg

Tied down in Gainesville, GA for the night.

20140806_090112_zpsqtnvkppl.jpg

Coolest Fuel truck I have seen. Gentleman fueling me up said there was a 60 year old gentleman that used to drive this same truck when he was 17 yrs old.

20140806_091827_zps0kkgvg9d.jpg

Well you know your in Florida when you start seeing big puffy white clouds.

IMG_2842_zps08c4fab2.jpg

Arrived home safe and sound at Grass Roots Airpark (06fd).

20140806_122640_zpsmqhpulea.jpg

My dad (Vernon Peckham) was very excited to see the plane, I even think more then me...LOL

20140806_122654_zpsnwjrjkhi.jpg

All in all, I had a great flight getting used to the plane and learning how she flies. Learned a lot on the flight and even made a few small mistakes that I learned from. Right now I am doing a inspection of the plane and look forward to flying her when I am done.

I have to say, I love your Dad's RV Grin/Smile. It is priceless.

Yes I have to agree with you, I think my dad was more excited the I was. I felt real bad when I came in from GA., he was waiting for me at the airport. He thought I was going to approach from the North but I flew around and did a high speed pass from the south and was half way down the runway before he realized I was there. But he sure was happy I was home.

Back