What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mystery Photo #9

longranger

Well Known Member
1znlrnk.jpg

That's it. Kinda hard to disguise the lakebed.;)

I don't know if there were any RV's down there, but there was at least one VAF'er...

More than one...

...VAFer since I met several other builders there.
My plane is in the second row from the right, four up from the right.
I should have got there a few minutes earlier, but I got lost finding the correct gate into Tehachapi airport walking in the dark...:)

There were only two RVs there, both RV-6As

rv-2.jpg

rv-1.jpg

It was an honor to land on the "hallowed ground" of one of the Edwards dry lakes, but the program was cut short a bit by weather moving in from the mountains.

I was one of the later groups to leave (I didn't run to the check-out line fast enough..:)...), and the picture looked a lot different by 2:00 pm --

end.jpg

I believe it will be repeated every two years alternating with the Edwards Open House - get your lottery applications in early.

Interestingly, when I flew my sailplane in the Mojave desert I managed to land on most of the local dry lakes, but not Rosamond or Rogers...

Last edited:
I believe it will be repeated every two years alternating with the Edwards Open House - get your lottery applications in early.

Interestingly, when I flew my sailplane in the Mojave desert I managed to land on most of the local dry lakes, but not Rosamond or Rogers...

Gil do you know if they still have the lottery?

Back