What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DRDT-2 Setup

PilotRPI

I have a couple questions regarding the setup of the upper mounting bolts and the return spring.

1) Does the eye of the spring go over the black spacer, or should it be on the threads of the bolt between the bolt head and the spacer?

2) What do you do with the nut on the upper bolts? Do you make it tight toward the head of the mount bolt, or do you set it so there is a little space between the bolt head and the black spacer so that the return spring isn't squished (if that is indeed the proper spot for the return spring loop)?

I got my DRDT-2 second hand, and I noticed the dimples in my practice kit aren't 100% concentric, so I want to reassemble it.

Thanks!

Jesse

1) Yes, over the spacer.
2) Put on the big washer, then nut, then black spacer, spring, then bolt. The nut is tightened tight, and the bolt has a little gap.

Pictures:
16084831484_bf146b4761_c.jpg

16087218923_6a6aef9022_c.jpg

Base Shim

You may also be able to adjust the base plate, where the bottom die is inserted, by loosening the screws and inserting folded sheets of aluminum foil in different spots as a shim to fine tune the dimple shape.

Back