What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Bulletin 18-02-03

Phantom30

Well Known Member
Got a question regarding ?Level of Certification? for this SB. As stated on the SB..sign off must be by ?Repairman with Inspection rating?.

What is going on here....as Owner, any work done by me, can be signed off by me being an Experimental Aircraft. Is this just a typo on the SB?

SB 18-02-02, level of certification, States Owner/LSA Repairman with Inspection rating (for E-LSA)

Got a question regarding ?Level of Certification? for this SB. As stated on the SB..sign off must be by ?Repairman with Inspection rating?.

What is going on here....as Owner, any work done by me, can be signed off by me being an Experimental Aircraft. Is this just a typo on the SB?

SB 18-02-02, level of certification, States Owner/LSA Repairman with Inspection rating (for E-LSA)

Understanding that there are S-LSA RV-12?s, they would require the inspection rating, but for experimental, it?s the owner. Although technically, your drinking buddy could sign it off, assuming you trusted him to do so.

Hi Ric. Just for clarification..........did you build your RV-12 as an ELSA or EAB?

Jim

Hi Ric. Just for clarification..........did you build your RV-12 as an ELSA or EAB?

Jim

Yes, i’m The builder; however, it makes no difference. As the owner of an “Experimental” Aircraft....Part 43 does not apply to you. You can perform “all” work (with exception of Some avionics checks).

Annual sign-off does require a Repairman with Inspection rating..

Edit: is E-LSA

Installing Doublers SB 18-02?03

Hi all,
Forgive my ignorance, if I am still in the build phase Should I install the doublers in addition to the new rib on the AST (obviously no cracks noted in the skin)?

Thanks!

Kevin

Empennage RV 12is 120741
Dues paid 2019

If you built your E-LSA plane did you request a Repairman certificate after certification for yourself like you do on experimental aircraft for inspections on your own plane etc.?

Back