What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH HBC tent rule

woxofswa

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to have two small tents within the Aircraft's "footprint" at HBC OSH? I'm happy to give some folks rides and hangout, but not necessarily sleep in close quarters with, if you know what I mean.

All good

When my buddy and I flew in/camped in GAC in 2015, we each had a tent in the footprint of the Cessna 172 and it was fine. We just had to mark/pay for the two people that were staying in the two tents. I would assume that HBC would be the same.

That rule isn't strictly enforced. Use common sense, keep your tents out of the taxiway, and don't intrude on your neighbors and you'll be fine.

When you register your plane and pay for camping, ask for a second tent pass. A lot of people have a second tent for kids or buddies. As long as it is next to the main unit (your plane) you are fine. (At least, this was how it worked laxt time I worked in Showplane Camper Registration a couple years ago.)

Back