What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Warning On a 6a

B

bmiller269

I'm wondering if anyone else has added the van's stall warning kit on a 6. I've got a kit and it only talks about 7,8 & 9 and depending on the model witch rib nose you should use. if someone could help point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

Thanks
Blane

I'm wondering if anyone else has added the van's stall warning kit on a 6. I've got a kit and it only talks about 7,8 & 9 and depending on the model witch rib nose you should use. if someone could help point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

Thanks
Blane

I added the Reddish stall warning tab to my RV-6 (not flying yet). I believe the airfoil is the same across all the 2-seat RVs (except RV-12), so the location should be the same as well.

I added the Reddish stall warning tab to my RV-6 (not flying yet). I believe the airfoil is the same across all the 2-seat RVs (except RV-12), so the location should be the same as well.

The 9 wing is not the same as the 6 or 7..... I would use the 7 kit on the 6 and customize as needed.

If you are installing a Dynon or other EFIS that supports built-in AoA you might only have to mount and plumb an AoA/Pitot and then configure the EFIS to give you a stall-tone instead of the "Stall Stall" or other words.

Back