What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose wheel pant bracket

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Wondering if anyone has adapted the 9A nose pant brackets to fit the 6A.
Looks like a much better design and makes it easier to service the wheel. Or am I missing something here and just dealing with a obsolete design that came with my nose gear.

And with a bit of bending and tweaking the new nose wheel brackets will even fit the Sam James -6A nose wheel fairing.

For additional clarification....
The new style bracket has been in the 6A finish kit for a long time.... but for use with the pressure recovery wheel fairing. It will not work with the old style (prior to year 2000) nose wheel fairing.

Back on track , Thanks everyone.

For additional clarification....
The new style bracket has been in the 6A finish kit for a long time.... but for use with the pressure recovery wheel fairing. It will not work with the old style (prior to year 2000) nose wheel fairing.

My pants were delivered a long time ago before the newer type bracket was offered but fortunately they are the latest pressure recovery type. ;) Watching for the mailman now with my package from Vans. :D

Tom,

Let me know how that works. I have an older 6A and was thinking of going the same route. My nose pant is pretty beat up. Might as well upgrade the replacement. How can you tell the old pant from the newer pressure recovery one?

Thanks,
Mike

If you ever get down to Raleigh Executive Jetport (KTTA) I have the newer style on my nose wheel and the older style hanging on a hook.

Tom,

Let me know how that works. I have an older 6A and was thinking of going the same route. My nose pant is pretty beat up. Might as well upgrade the replacement. How can you tell the old pant from the newer pressure recovery one?

Thanks,
Mike

The old style has sides that are slightly flat in the vertical direction.
The new pressure recovery style has no flat area on it except for right at the very aft trailing edge.

Tom,

Thanks,
Mike

Mike as soon as I read Scott's post about them not fitting the older model wheel
pants I did a search of pressure recovery pants. Someone had posted a photo the two different types side by side. PR pants look a lot more streamlined and longer.
Thought about fabricating my own version of the newer type brackets but when I found out they were a available upgrade it was a no brainer. Hope to have the fairings and pants done in a few weeks.

Nose wheel fairing bracket

Is there an updated parts list available? Also can a guy use the RV-9A instructions fitting the new parts? I have been flying my RV-6A for almost 18 years and the nose wheel fairing from 2001 is getting pretty beat up.

Is there an updated parts list available? Also can a guy use the RV-9A instructions fitting the new parts? I have been flying my RV-6A for almost 18 years and the nose wheel fairing from 2001 is getting pretty beat up.

The brackets used are the same for the 6,7 & 9 A models.
U-1013C-L & U-1013C-R
The 9-A plans should work. I figured it out by the photos on a builders site showing fabrication of upper nose leg fairing. Very good photos.
The site address is johnsrv7a.wordpress.com
There's a little trimming involved but if you built the plane yourself I'm sure your
skills are more than sufficient to complete the installation.

Back