What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

questions re RV-7 build

Adam W

Well Known Member
just ordered wing kit. Ive not had much luck researching the fuel sender issue . preliminary research reveals i will likely go Garmin G3X in the future.
the avionics guys say capacitative fuel sender. Vans discontinued it and claims their resistive type will work with EFIS set up anyway. Have I made a mistake accepting that? I'm not opposed to analogue fuel gauges in addition to whatever fuel quantity display is on the EFIS

Next question are there any tools that come to mind that I have not needed with the empenage kit that i will need or want for the wing build?

thanks in advance to whomever responds. the forum has been such a great resource. if I knew how to make a signature line it would show dues paid

I installed resistive but wishing now I had used capacitive. Reason is with resistive, anything over 16 gallons shows up as 16+. Also, when on the ground with my tail down, they read 4 more gallons than actual in level flight. Other than that, they are very accurate.

Back