What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rudder trailing edge question

Adam W

Well Known Member
if i use the sealant to glue the trailing edge prior to riveting what stops the clecos from adhering to the sealant? will they come out easily? do I coat them with anything?

if you do coat them, I would label them and keep them separate for all other parts of the build, tanks, and stuff that will get painted.

what to coat them with

what would i coat them with to prevent the pro seal from sticking to them

Hi Adam,

Unless you see a lot of responses on the forum that users had issues, you might just consider proceeding without coating them with anything.

My personal experience was that the Cleco's were easily removed. Any Proseal that stuck to them was pretty easily cleaned off with fingernails.

Good Luck!

Proseal

They'll pull out with no problem- in fact I think they hold better with a little proseal left on them!

if i use the sealant to glue the trailing edge prior to riveting what stops the clecos from adhering to the sealant? will they come out easily? do I coat them with anything?
I suppose what glue/sealant you are going to use. Most people use proseal and with proseal the clecos will come out without any issue and they will be useable after wards.

Back