What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Cooler

Skymanw

Just curious as to what experiences anyone has had for cleaning a previuosly used oil cooler. I acquired one with the engine I bought for use in my project and it was certainly functioning with the engine in the aircraft but I want to give it a good cleaning before use again. I'm sure some of the standard approaches would work like using AV fuel or Brake Clean or even good ole Dawn dishwashing liquid but I wondered if anyone has ever sent an oil cooler to a Radiator shop for cleaning and pressure testing...?

I am using the oil cooler that came out of the Mooney I got the engine from. if you know it has been sealed, not left open for stuff to get in there, I just took a can of carb cleaner, filled and use air line and blew out, back and forth both direction till it was clean fluid coming out, if an engine destructed with an oil cooler, i would send it in for power solvent flushing or buy a new one.

Pacific Oil Cooler

is the best! I had quick turn around time and a great peace of mind for less than $200. They can inspect a cooler far better than we can.

Back