What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van Cave Visit yields a J-3 Smirk

Skykingbob

Well Known Member
I travel to DFW area on occasion and depending on my schedule like to grab a Starbucks and see if DR is hanging around the hanger(isn't that where the term hanger was invented....those who sit around yacking about airplanes were called "hangers"? Just some old folklore I just made up:D)

Anyway a number of weeks ago was such a day and DR asked me if I wanted to take a Cub ride....ahhhhhhhhhh yeah!!! Not often I refuse an airplane ride!

So off we go on a beautiful Texas morning.....Tex DR and Yankee Bob:) What a beautiful experience of pure flight and getting the guided tour by DR's Free Flights and Septic Service Inc. So off we go.

Went down Deer Ally to spot.....ahhhhh....deer of course!

IMG_0839_zps350048a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we went on a fish spotting mission

IMG_0844_zps13b1c989.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then on a shadow spotting mission

IMG_0842_zps595e6a22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then on a hanger spotting mission

IMG_0848_zps33c8d4e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The net result may not be an RV grin.....BUT A J-3 SMIRK:rolleyes:

IMG_0837_zps92df4ec6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Many thanks to DR for some more wonderful aviation memories on the flash drive of my mind.

Unsolicited suggestion - I've done the duplex glasses many times until discovering this handy thing called a gradient sunreader. Not quite as fashionable as the various RayBan models, but for less than $15, I bought several! They work great in all kinds of glare with zero perceptible distortion. Work in the brightest sunlight and all the way to near dark. And they're not polarized. Perfect for me!

$(KGrHqUOKpIFGu3RfJOfBRyJEoNVK!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aviator-Reading-Bifocal-Brown-Gradient-Lense-Sunglasses-Sun-Reader-Unisex-2-25-/221052051608

Guys, its H A N G A R! not hanger....hangers are where your clothes hang.

Best,

ps...couldn't resist :)

What? You don't see the hanger, in the hangar, with the flight suit hanging on it???

Me either. Come to think of it. I don't see deer, or fish either?!?
Mark

Last edited:
Back