What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Carbon fiber Panel wrap

Kitfoxbill

First pic of my panel back from Aircraft Wraps. Great job by them. Yes....
F7AA5375-B878-4400-B164-4926C75E3156.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

0F63CE86-B05A-4232-8786-C8685EE3B147.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

William Bennett
RV7 almost finished
RV8A for sale.

Hi William your panel looks really good! Do you know what system was used for the labeling? I've been having a hard time getting the labeling to stick to my carbon fiber wrap pannel because of the texture.

Bill

William,

Thank you for allowing us to create a fully printed panel for you. I think the carbon fiber on your panel came out great! It took a little sizing and tweaking to get the fiber weave sizing correct.

We are able to print pretty much ANY background. Wood, stone, carbon fiber, graphics, etc.

For the other poster."Labels". Everything is printed complete. Switch labels are printed into the wrap and can be ANY font, style, size, color, etc. You'll notice the cool yellow striped markings to his Panel. That is also printed into the wrap.

We created a File and emailed William a couple of proofs that he was able to make adjustments to before final print. Once he gave his approval... it's digital and printed exactly as he approved.

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:
Example of adding a revision:

Adding a cool yellow warning label and also increasing the Fiber weave size to give correct dimensions:

Always interested in possible new panel stuff. :p

That looks great.

What was the cost of that wrap?

Always interested in possible new panel stuff. :p

That looks great.

What was the cost of that wrap?

When emailing for a quote: Please include "Panel Wrap" in the subject line

We have a couple of options.

Send us a detailed plan like this: (we are currently working on a "panel builder" for the website to eliminate the need to mail in.) If you already have a digital format of the panel we can use that.

From there we can:

1. RV4/8 Single panel: $190
RV6/7/9/10/14/: $250
(includes the printed wrap and design work).

Printed to your specifications and we will mail it to you. You will install it yourself. If the panel is not cut yet, this should not be a problem and we can even put little "bulls-eyes" to drill through for switch alignment.:D If your panel is already cut... It might be a little challenging to do correctly for a novice.

2. RV4/8: $280
RV6/7/9/10/14: $380
(Includes the printer wrap, design work, and installation)

Mail us the cut or uncut panels with the diagram/file discussed above and we will professionally install the wrap for you.

3. We can order the panels directly from Vans and install an uncut/with bullseyes wrap to the uncut panels. You would receive the panel complete to your specifications. This would work for customers that don't want "down-time" removing the existing panel till the AircraftWraps panel arrives.

Please email for a quote

4. We can order directly from Vans and CNC the panel to your specifications followed by the AircraftWraps panel wrap.

Please email for a quote

Last edited:
I'm interested in the material used for the panel wrap.

I have tried out, and liked, a sample of the 3M carbon fibre look vinyl. The 3M stuff has a pretty realistic surface texture.

Is this wrap the same stuff? Or is it a flat 2D print on a flat untextured material?

Thanks

Wrap material

This is a smooth to the touch. The pattern and lettering is printed onto the material.

William
RV8A for sale
RV7 finishing.

If not, is the printing smudge/water proof?

It is over-laminated with either a clear gloss, matte, semi, or satin finish.

The textured vinyl can be printed, however the lettering would not be over-laminated. (Just don't spill on your panel) :p

The example above actually gives the most accurate representation of an actual carbon-fiber panel. Smooth and glossy.

I saw this panel on Saturday and it turned out very nice. Great labeling job too. Sharp and crisp letters with a nice size and font. The carbon fiber looked so real I just had to touch it to make sure it wasn't and even then I wasn't sure.

It is over-laminated with either a clear gloss, matte, semi, or satin finish.

The textured vinyl can be printed, however the lettering would not be over-laminated. (Just don't spill on your panel) :p

The example above actually gives the most accurate representation of an actual carbon-fiber panel. Smooth and glossy.

Is there any chance of getting a small sample of the material with a printed word on it, and the semi or satin over lam? couple of inches sq would be enough?

additionally or alternately, I'd like to see a printed word on the 3m textured material.

If you made up a sample set, I'd be happy to return after I'd seen them so you could send to another potential customer.

If so, PM me for address/logistics

Back