What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Harnesses

griffg

I would like to welcome Crow Enterprizes to the VAF advertisers. I have bought their harnesses for my aircraft and I am very happy with their product.

However, I need to make a couple of comments as their harness attach brackets have holes that only accept AN4 sized bolts. So you either have to enlarge these holes as per the following Van's Plans or modify how they are attached.

1. Drawing 29 detail E specifies making spacer F-7116 which is 5/16" outside diameter with 1/4" inside Diameter (i.e. AN4 bolt size). You may want to delete this spacer and retain them with appropriate length AN4 bolts.

2. Drawing OP24 uses an AN5-5A bolt to retain the crotch strap part of the harness. You may want to make the holes in the crotch strap kit 1/4" and used an AN4 bolt to secure it. I had already installed the parts as per OP24 (i.e. drilled the holes to 5/16") so I had to drill the harness bracket hole to 5/16". Warning: It is hardened steel so you will need the appropriate drill type.

Regards,

Gordon

Last edited:
Back