What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For those at OSH, Nosewheel Picture Request

FresnoR

Well Known Member
Any chance somebody over there can sneak a camera up into the nosewheel and give us a peek at what Van's designed?

I'm curious to see if its an RV-10 mount or RV-6/7/9 mount.

It's a 10 mount.. you can see it in the promo videos.. much better system than the 6/7/9 nose gear leg..

Rick run the 20 min + video on VAF front page you will see Ken explains many details. It's RV10 nosegear but lighter.

Rick run the 20 min + video on VAF front page you will see Ken explains many details. It's RV10 nosegear but lighter.

Sorry, I'll check it out when I get home, my work Interne intentionally throttles back streaming video to keep us from using up bandwidth, so I can't watch it until later.

Thanks for the heads up

Ken does admit in the video that the round leg main gear were sometimes prone to wiggle a bit if the alignment was not perfect. He does down play that as not a real problem.

I'm happy that Van's is listening to the customers and has taken many nice steps forward with the RV-14 (they never refer to it as a -14A?). Better canopy design, steps look more solid, pre-fabbed harness, better baffling and a steel support for the oil cooler.

I'm happy with my -9A choice, but I can see where the -14 would have a certain appeal.

I'm happy with my -9A choice, but I can see where the -14 would have a certain appeal.

It sure looks nice and it's certainly a step in the right direction for todays "supersized" American public. Like you though I'm happy with my 9A project and I guess I'll keep on building it... :cool:

I like the idea of the lower fuel burn for nearly the same performance. If I'm going to build and fly something that burns crazy amounts of fuel it's going to be an Evo Rocket and I'll fly it like I stole it just because I can.

Greg, I think it is purely just a matter of time before some one bolts an io 540 up front of one of these new 14's. Maybe Johm Harmon will make a full rocket kit for it - that would be an interesting plane.

Back