What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hurricane Inland Relocation List

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Hurricane Inland Relocation List Relocated to the VAF Forums

I placed the entire list that I had (with a couple of recent updates) in this first post. It looks like IKE is going to steam just by Houston, so we're going to need all the last minute spots we can find for people needing to get their aircraft out of SE Texas. If you have hangar space in N. Texas or OK or AR, etc please list a reply. It might be a good idea to put your STATE and CITY in the subject line to aid in finding something. Let's just use this one thread for listings with no back and worth discussion.

-----------------------------------------

Inland Locations to Store Your RV In The Event Of A Hurricane

AL
KTCL
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Brandon & Leslie Dixon
I have a big hangar with space that can easily accommodate 2-3 RVs. Just give me a call and we can meet you out at the airport. dixon at cs.ua.edu
CO
Denver
I'm not sure if anyone wants to come to Denver for relocation, but I have my hangar empty and available for a short period to anyone needing to relocate around the hurricane.
Alex Strickland
alexs737 at hotmail.com
FL
Quncy, FL
My identifier is 49FD on AIRNAV. It’s our private airstrip and my hangar can easily house four more RVs in addition to the two airplanes that we have. I’m about 80 miles inland from the gulf
coast of Florida, but we hardly ever have damage from hurricanes; it’s the “spin off” tornadoes that get us. My hangar is a well built manufactured metal building that’s supposed to
withstand 120 mph winds. RVs are welcome.
David Watson
850-856-5515 home 850-875-1000 work 850-508-3067 cell 850-643-7752 wife’s cell
GA
KLZU
Lawrenceville, GA
Mike Stewart
mstewartga at yahoo.com
Has room for 6 RVs in hanger
GA
Atlanta
I live at Mallards Landing, GA04. It's on AirNav. We're south of Atlanta about 25 miles. I could put an RV in my hangar, and certainly many more on my lot if needed.
Vic Syracuse [vic.syracuse at aol.com] 404.307.5133.
GA
Atlanta
I Live at Mallards Landing (GA04) just south of Atlanta, GA. I have a large hangar and can handle a couple of RVs. The runway is 5000 grass and is in fine shape. Call if you need a safe
house.
Dave Hamilton
(678) 361-0599
GA
Alabama
Walker County Airport (KJFX)
I can store 1 RV in a hanger that already has 2.
Gary Compton 205-221-6279 – H 205-302-0302 –W
gjcompton at charter.net
GA
KLZU
I've got a big T-Hanger at LZU that I could likely fit a couple more RV's in. I also have a T at MGM which would be available if I am at LZU. At any rate, have someone who wants some
shelter give me a call!
Jim Harper - jvharper at baptistfirst.org
Use jharper at knology.net for email...I get that 24 hours a day. We're about 529 NM from Miami at LZU and around 504 NM from Miami at MGM.
GA
9A1
Covington, GA
I talked with a friend, Brad Wiliams, who has an RV8. He has a large area by his hanger that could be used to tie down quite a few airplanes. While not hangered, it is about 507 nm north
of Miami, and would be a good place to put 15 or more RV's. The strip is grass, about 2500' I think, uphill, with a slight dogleg in the middle. Daylight only, no lights. It's not really that hard
to get in too, but I wouldn't recommend any real low time pilots try it. They'd have to have their own tie downs. While they still may get wet, they'd be safer than being down there!
If you think anyone might be interested, I can get the coordinates (it's not on the chart) for you sometime today. It is approximately 8 miles N. of Covington, GA (9A1), of GA Hwy 81, just
to give you an idea of where it's at.
Barefoot Billy Waters
rvpilot at carbotech.com
GA
Louisville
I'm located in Louisville, Ga (2J3) and can accomodate one, possibly two RVs in my hangar. We have a 5000 ft runway and avgas and nearby motels. I'll provide my truck for transportation
or the cops will come and take you into town, 5 minutes away. My day phone is 478 625 3586.
Regards,
pierre smith [pierrejs at hotmail.com]
GA
KFFC
Peachtree City, GA
Vern Darley
Space varies, but can handle 1 or 2 RV's
Vern Darley
vern at mindspring.com
770 310-7169 cell
770 487-5155 home
GA
Taylorsville
I have just completed an enclosed hanger at Rhodes Field. Would have room for several rv's to escape a hurricane. Located in Taylorsville, GA. 2200' grass strip 8 miles west of VPC. We
are 40 NW of Atlanta. call or email for coordinates. Cary Rhodes [email protected] or 770-316-5054 cell
GA
Thomaston
KOPN at Thomaston Georgia has 20 -30 tie-down spots and some hangers open. You would need to call about hangar availability. We have courtesy vans and lodging near.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KOPN
Rick Raines [rainesr at alltel.net]
N329RP RV6A
IN
Indianapolis
KMQJ MtComfort Jon & Lori Hubbell 317-201-8517 We have room for at least one Rv plenty of tie down space. Plus easy access back to Florida lots of direct flight out of IND. Thanks
JON HUBBELL [n700jl at msn.com]
MA
Plymoth
Airport is kpym
My Telephone is 508-274-8767
Kevin Johnson

NC
Gastonia
I have space for three RV's in my hanger located at AKH, Gastonia, NC. Gastonia is under the Charlotte bravo airspace on the west side. Telephone 803-524-3510
John Roberts [bonanza36 at comporium.net]

Last edited:
2nd part of list...

OK
I have hanger space at my house in OKC. I live on private airport, 2700' X 30, concrete.
I've got plenty of room for 4 RVs. Marshall Alexander, (405) 799-6049, Oklahoma City, e-mail address, rv10man at aol.com, identifier is 2ok2.
Marshall
SC
KOGB
Orangeburg, SC
Rod Dantzler
803-707-9763 Cell
803-533-0892 Home
803-268-5091 Office
I can probably come up with room for 4 or 5 RV's in a couple different hangars at KOGB. If you don't mind being tucked under a King Air, Navajo, or sitting beside an Arrow, call or email and
I'll get it worked out for you. rod at wannafly.net
TX
Abilene
I am in Abilene, Texas and with EAA Chapter 471 based at Abilene Regional (KABI). We are about 160 nm west of Dallas. We have access to two large community hangars. One hangar
is leased from the City of Abilene by the local EAA Warbird Squadron #5 and has remaining space for about 4 RV's. The other hangar is owned by the City of Abilene, with space for 15-20
RV's. It is currently used only by a North American T-6 and the local medivac helicopter (only when the weather is inclement). I will speak with the Airport Manager regarding this second
hangar, but it has been used by itinerant aircraft in the past. I cannot imagine that we would be refused during this national weather emergency. Also, I and several other Chapter
members have spare bedrooms available to the flight crews that would bring their planes. Please post this availability for our fellow flyers in the southeast US.
Hobby Stevens [hstevens at raycocpa.com]
TX
Addison
"I have an empty hangar at ADS for a hurricane refugee and potentially housing as well."
The Other Doug Reeves
doug at dougreeves dot net
TX
Austin
Lowell LeMay-0512-388 1295
Austin, Tx. area -- Allan airport (5R3). Room for at least two RV's and other hangars available. Also have extra car.
llemay1 at austin.rr.com
TX
Austin
David Kumhyr (512.301.5088.
I can make room for one RV since I've sold my 8 and I'm only on the tail stage of my 7, and my hanger mate is a small RAF autogyro.
Email david_kumhyr at yahoo.com
TX
Conroe
I can squeeze a -4 into my T-hangar at KCXO (Lone Star (ahem!) Executive Airport, Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas) with my -6. The fit works; this combination shares a hangar
across the row from me. Conroe's about 5 RV hours flight time from Gainseville, FL, via the coastal (feet dry) route. 936-321-3744 (H) 281-296-9200 (O) 281-507-2661 (cell).
Regards,
R. Perry McConnell [rpm at rpmpc.com]
TX
Dallas
We're settled in to our new home in Eagles Nest, and I'd like to offer up our location for the RV Hotel, and of course the Hurricane Inland Bases. Here's the info: RV Hotel: TX Dallas - 2TS6
Eagles Nest Estates (Airpark Community 22 miles S of Dallas) We have an air-conditioned apartment with 3/4 bath in the hanger. The hanger itself is also available for your RV since my
RV7 is still under construction in the workshop. We have no pets (4 kids is enough of a handful :) and would prefer no smoking inside. Jeff & Kristine Anderson 972-775-4584
[email protected] Hurricane Inland Bases: TX Dallas - 2TS6 Eagles Nest Estates (Airpark Community 22 miles S of Dallas) I have room for one RV in the hanger and two or more tied
down outside. Also an air-conditioned apartment with 3/4 bath in the hanger.
Jeff Anderson 972-775-4584 captainqwyx 'at' yahoo.com Thanks, Jeff
TX
Dallas (40 miles north of...)
I can house at least 3 RVs inside and almost unlimited outside (3 acres worth).
ShortStop Airfield (8TA5)…..40 miles northeast of Dallas. 2 miles east of Farmersville. (DFW Sectional)
See picture on airnav.com. 1500’ packed white rock. CTAF 122.75 Mhz.
Also have guest bedroom accommodates up to 4 people.
Call us before coming.
Mel & Ann Asberry
972-784-7544 (home)
TX
Dallas
I have room for one rv in the hanger and two or more tied down outside. Also a small apt in the hanger.
2ts6 (22 miles S of Dallas)
R.Jan Martin
972-775=5578
1bchbum at texasairnet dot com
TX
Dallas
I have a spot for one RV in my hanger at Airpark East near Dallas( 1F7). Plus a couple tied down outside if necessary.
Richard Bibb
President
Tomet Manufacturing
1208 Sigma Court
Rockwall, TX 75087
972-771-2598
972-835-5979 mobile
TX
Denton
Russell Madden
940-383-3939
russell.madden at verizon.net
I can make space for a rv in denton (dto) or at the pk lake hanger (f-35). My name is Russell Madden, 101 Steedman, Denton Texas . Phone is 940-383-3939. E-mail is
[email protected]. Will be out of town the 10 to the 20th in Reno . If I can be of help please call. Thanks Russell
TX
Fort Worth
T67
RC Central has room for tempoary RV s any time, Hurricane or not. Call first 817 439 1220
Jay Pratt
TX
Fort Worth
For hurricane fleeing RVs I have room for 2 or 3 additional RVs in my hangar. Currently there is only my RV8A, mowers etc. in the hangar. I am located at Pecan Plantation Airpark 40 miles
SW of Ft. Worth. Designator 0TX1. No charge for hurricane protection.
Dick Carmichael
817-999-4163
Rcarmichael 'at' charter 'dot' net
TX
Fort Worth
Ft. Worth, Hicks Airfield / T67 You can list us as having hangar space available for 2 or 3 RV’s (or any other planes).
Call first: Bob Avery @ 817-439-8400 (+ have ground transportation available).
TX
Fort Worth
Gerald Kinman - geraldkinman1 at aol.com
Home-(817)431-0374
Cell- (817)913-1499
I can make space in my hangar at Fort Worth Hicks airport for at least one more RV and possibly two. I currently have an RV8 and a C-182 parked there but I can move the Cessna
temporarily to another secret location if necessary.
TX
Georgetown
07TS Cross Country Estates in Georgetown, TX. www.corsscountryairpark.com www.airnav.com/airport/07TS I have an empty hangar that could hold 2 RVs and a spot to tie one down.
Mark Harrison, 2 Alberto Dumont Cv, Georgetown, TX 78626, 512-863-5590. mark(at)grizzlyworks.com
TX
KMWL
Mineral Wells, TX
Darrell Morgan
firebird_mwl at msn.com
I can always help out. My hangar usually has space. Another Rver here at Mineral Wells the same.
Contact any evacuee can contact me at 940-328-1190 or [email protected]. Mineral Wells has a nice courtesy car and a brand new Best Western Inn.
Darrell
TX
T41
Houston, TX
W. Slaughter
willslau at alumni.rice.edu
large T Hanger, can take 1, maybe 2 RV's
713.873.4183 work
281.480.3048 home
281.615.4425 cell
Glad to help, I might be needing this service someday - we're a bit overdue for a hurricane here in Houston. We aren't really very inland, but we are a safe distance from Florida.

Last edited:
3rd part of list...

TX
McKinney
Bill Pappas
214-956-9444
bspappas at sbcglobal .net
T31 (aerocountry arpt.-McKinney Tx)
approx 900nm from MIA
I'll find room for some poor chap who needs help....I can squeze 1 RV into my hangar
TX
San Antonio
I have space in my hangar since the RV6 got sold and I am building an RV8 at home. My hangar is in San Antonio, TX at Boerne Stage Arport (5C1) I can be contacted on 210 289-3984
(c) or on 210 886-3108 (w)
Steve Formhals
TX
San Marcos, TX
David Kumhyr
512-301-5088
512-897-7073
I can make room for one RV since I've sold my 8 and I'm only on the tail stage of my 7, and my hanger mate is a small RAF autogyro.
Email david_kumhyr at yahoo.com
TX
Winters, TX
We are located about 35 miles S of Abilene. Winters Municipal Airport is 77F. We have a spare bedroom and an extra T-hanger for an RV.
Wes & Becky Hays
606 State Street
Winters, TX
wbhays at verizon dotnet

San Antonio, Texas

I have room for two 2 place RV's or one RV-10 in my hangar at Boerne Stage Airport. There is also a one bedroom apartment in the hangar, and a vehicle that can be used.

Tom Chapman
210-861-7614

Tuttle, Oklahoma

We have a private lighted grass strip 3300 X 100 in Tuttle, Oklahoma. This is about 20 nautical miles SW of Will Rogers airport in OKC, OK. Our identifier is 53OK. We are on the DFW sectional.

I have room for one RV in the hangar and can accomodate several with outside tie downs. There are also several other hangars that have space available around the airport if needed.

If anyone is interested in staying over I also have a small furnished apartment in my hangar with kitchen and bath that can sleep two or three.

My telephone numbers are below. During the day call my cell phone number. If calling after 6:00 pm call my home number.
405 822-0621 (cell)
405 381-9387 (home)

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin/Georgetown - GTU

I have large T hanger that could probably hold 2 RV's that's still empty.

Rick 512-331-8141

Granbury, TX (0TX1)

I have 2 bed rooms and I know I can handle 3 RV's maybe more.
Gary Bricker

Atlanta, GA

I have a single T hangar at KRYY North of Atlanta GA if anyone desides to come this far.
M Jones

McComb, Mississippi

KMCB McComb Mississippi
Can Hangar 2 RVs and have 2 extra bedrooms

601-810-7401

Temple, TX

I have room for 1 RV in Temple TX (TPL). As long as you dont mind sharing with a Kitfox :).
Phone # 254 394 0279

Denton, TX

We have room at least 2 RV's. We're located at TX32, just to the nothwest of Denton, TX.
Dave Enebo
940-206-6466
940-458-5694

Addison, TX

I have room for 2-3 RVs or whatever if needed. A little late but......

972 365 8282

JAU East Tennessee

Don't have a private hanger but the airport manager handles a hanger with room and we have a lakefront motel nearby I could put some evacuees up in anytime.

JAU

Our City now has two hangars....

...available that would probably accomodate twenty or more RV's!!

They just received a grant and bought my deceased competitor's hangar with paved access to the runway. (2J3)

There is also a motel, 5 minutes away and the City police will take you there, with my wife's Huddle House restaurant adjoining.

BTW....the city is looking for an FBO/maintenance/upholstery, etc, of some sort to occupy either one, or both of their hangars.

Best,

Hurricane Inland Base

My offer still stands for KMQJ. I have one empty hanger now. You can get back to the East coast easy out of KIND. 317-201-8517

we may need.......

some inland bases west of new york this weekend. earl is packin a pretty good punch. thursday should be decision day.
at2010075day.gif

Irene hideout in NC available

I have room for 1 of any type RV near Winston-Salem NC at 8A7 (Twin Lakes)in my hangar if needed to hideout from Irene. Send PM if interested.

Bill E.
N76WE/RV-4
8A7 Advance NC

Hurricane relocation near Atlanta

Hey guys and gals, I hear there is a storm a churning like my tummy after eating at one of those waffle places.... I have a 40x50' fully enclosed hangar with insulation, electric, air and AC. I can move my plane out to a neighbor's hangar to help hold RV's as well. 62GA Seven Lakes 3k grass strip good condition. Plenty O Space!!! come on up! I can provide transportation if need be.
Best,
Brian Wallis

storm hangar space

I would like to be placed on list I live in north Fl. but my hangar is in S. Ga. at KBGE Bainbridge Ga. its about 40 miles N. of Tallahassee Fl. large hangar can hold up to 9 RV'S Bob Willis 850-264-1710
[email protected]

GA - KCCO - Atlanta Area

GA
KCCO
Newnan - Coweta County Airport
Newnan, Georgia
30 miles SW of Atlanta
I have a large T-hangar that could fit one additional RV or high wing aircraft.

Paul Winkels
404da$h295da$h905two

Jackson MS

I thought we were already on this list, but I guess not (we are in the RV Hotel section).

2 spare bedrooms, hangar space for 2 or 3 planes, depending on size.
Location is Slobovia Outernational (MS71) 4800' turf strip 10 mi north of Jackson MS.

Charlie & Tupper England

Hurricane Joaquin evac sites

As I watch Hurricane Joaquin grown, I am considering moving my RV-8A inland from Baltimore. Call me paranoid but I have seen bad things previously and don't want to wait until Sunday to decide to go and not have a good place to fly to.

Is there anyone in Ohio, W VA, or western VA that might be able to host airplanes?

Just planning at this point.

Thanks
Strike

Decatur, Alabama (KDCU) near Huntsville

I have room for one RV in my hangar (with my 172) and we have an extra bedroom and bath upstairs at our home a few miles away from the airport.

If you have allergies, be advised that we do have one small dog, a Fox Terrier, and one cat.

Last edited:
Central NC (8A7)

I am in central NC at 8A7 (Twin Lakes). I can squeeze 1 RV in my hangar with my -4, and likely find room for a couple more. I live on the airport. Send a PM if needing additional details.

I'm at WV22, which is a quick skip from Baltimore/Glen Burnie. I can get another RV in my hangar. There is more hangar space available on the field however the hangar owner will likely want some rent money. As for me, I'm cheap & easy.

Don't come here, I heard on the radio this morning that we are supposed to get between 10 and 12 inches of rain from this storm.

Southeast Alabama. Headland, 0J6 has several T-hangars available. The airport manager, Pete can be reached @ 850-210-2908.
5000' paved 09-27 and 3000' grass 17-35. $4.60 fuel.

Just talked to Pete. He has 7 T-hangars available.

Last edited:
62GA

Seven Lakes 62GA 50Wx40D... I had to sell my beautiful baby (RV-3) to pay for my multi/commercial/IFR so now it's empty. 3k grass strip. brianpwallis at the hotmail server for fastest response.
Best,

Brian

0J6

Southeast Alabama has two hangars available for Hurricane/Storm relocation. 850 dash 210 dash 2908 is the manager's number, Pete Crews.

Southeast Alabama has two hangars available for Hurricane/Storm relocation. 850 dash 210 dash 2908 is the manager's number, Pete Crews.

Pretty sure we still have a few hangars available. Call Pete at the number above if you need to bail.

I have room in D21 at KFFC - Peachtree City,GA. You'll be in good RV company and I believe there may be other space.

Call me 678dash898dash8189.

Hurricane Hangar Space (DFW area)

I have space at Northwest Regional (52F), DFW area, for 3 planes. Give me a ring at (two one four) - 7 zero 8 -7595 or e-mail cem at cfch dot com if I can help out.

All the Best,

Clayton

Space near Okeechobee

I have room for 1 maybe 2 RVs at FD70 if needed.
FD70 is 12 miles northwest of Okeechobee Florida.
Call me at 317dash502dash1two8three

Room at 8A7 in Central NC

I have room at 8A7 in central NC near Winston-Salem. Several open hangars I can get a few planes into. I live on the airport, and have a spare room in the house if someone wants to stay inland with their plane. Forecast as of today here is winds 15-25 and some rain into the weekend.

I can squeeze a couple RV's into my hangar at BKV (Brooksville, north of Tampa) if needed.

I have a tie down in front of my hangar at SC47 (Parker Field) near Simpsonville, SC; 200 miles inland from SC coast.

One bedroom available in house.

Jeff 864-275-3798

Last edited:
I can probably get 5+ RV's into my hangar at X35. I can also provide some lodging or wheels as needed. The RV Hotel I see probably closed due to a baby coming any day now, but there are other options available, and possibly a couple of cars.

Hangar/Room at 18FD near Crestview FL

I have room in my hangar for 1 RV at 18FD. About 2 miles North of CEW Vortac near Crestview FL. Also have bed and pickup available in the hangar. Let me know.
Cecil
850-496-0464

Back