What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

All RV-14/14A FIREWALL FORWARD KIT OWNERS

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Van's Aircraft has updated the RV-14/14A Plans Pages with minor changes to the following sections:

47 PAGES 2, 19, 20, 23 AND 30

Van?s Aircraft has revised Section 47 of the RV-14 KAI (Kit Assembly Instructions.) A small number of builders with flying aircraft have reported that portions of their cowl baffle contact the top cowl during engine startup and shutdown. This contact can result in damage to the top cowl as well as air leaks, adversely affecting the cooling potential of the baffle system.
Owners of flying aircraft are asked to inspect the inside of their top cowl within the first 50 hours of flight. If damage is found, follow the updated instructions in Section 47 as detailed above. Owners should periodically inspect this area on an ongoing basis.

Download the latest version of these pages from the Van's Aircraft website and note the changes documented for each individual page.

Be advised that Plans page updates have been posted to our website on 1-25-18. Please visit www.vansaircraft.com, click on Support, then Service Information and Revisions or go directly to the revisions section using this link:

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/service-rv14.htm

I had heard that some builders had seen contact. I now have over 100 hours and have never seen any wear from contact on mine.

I would think most people would have the cowl on and off more than a few times in the first 50 hours like I did. It's easy to check for and if caught early it probably won't cause any lasting damage.

Back