Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Education > Formation Flying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2019, 02:11 PM

Anything can fly straight and level next to anything else, assuming the pilots have formation fundamentals. Clinics are about substantially expanding the safe formation envelope beyond straight and level, which leverages maneuverability, visibility and load factor.

If you have a chance to get a full orientation ride at a typical RV clinic, it will be clear to you why the RV-10/12 platforms are discouraged.

Once your -10 is done, check into Bonanza and Mooney clinics that train to FFI standards. The performance and maneuvering limits are comparable and I'm sure you will be more than welcome, as they generally accept other type aircraft with similar performance characteristics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMA View Post
I notice that neither the Falcon nor KC Formation Training Clinics accept the RV-10. I'm not sure why that is since the RV-10 has about the same speed and climb as the rest of the RV fleet (with the exception of the RV-12 which is much slower).

Are there any formation clinics that are either specific to the RV-10 or that accept the RV-10 in a mix with other RVs?

Just curious right now as I my RV-10 is still under construction. But I would like to give formation flying a try in the future, after completing Phase 1.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:20 PM

Default Falcon Flight Formation Clinic April 5-7

For those wanting to attend the Falcon Flight Clinic April 5-7 2019 we have created a group at https://groups.io/g/KGYI-2019-FormationClinic to handle the logistics.

Couple of questions asked:

Do we still have slots? YES! (Once we reach the limit we will publish it.)

Is there hangar space? NO, Please bring long tie downs as this used to be a military base so the tie downs in some spots are pretty far apart.

Keep the questions coming.