What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hurricane Inland Relocation List

Hangar

We have an empty hangar at Pine Shadows Airpark (94FL) in Ft. Myers, Fl. Our house is also available for a few days. It's a pretty quick trip across from the east coast if you are in the path of Matthew.
613-661-3278

Austin, TX - Harvey Escape

We'd be able to make room (you might have to help) in the Austin, TX area for one RV with a shorter wingspan (4/6/7/8). 3000x30' paved with obstacles on each end.

Tanya Card
512-five three seven-8eight85 (text or leave message)
tcard at card-net dot org

Last edited:
Not real close but I have room for at least 2 RVs inside, probably 3.

Short, narrow runway by most standards. 20' X 1500' asphalt.

ShortStop Airport (8TA5), Farmersville. Northeast of Dallas.

Boerne (San Antonio) 5C1

I have room for 1 RV in my hangar in the airpark at Boerne Stage (5C1). I'm working on shuffling planes with neighbors so I may be able to add 1 - 2 more.

San Marcos Texas KHYI

Have cramped but sufficient space for two RVs to share a hangar with a -7 and an -8.

Tosh
Austin
512-731-1346 cell

Just heard that New Orleans could be impacted. If any of you guys in south LA need to move, I've got room at Slobovia (Jackson MS) for two or three planes.

Charlie

T-Hangar available at Raleigh Executive (Sanford, NC)

I just moved to the Raleigh / Cary area but my plane is still in CA. I have an empty T-Hangar at Raleigh Executive (KTTA) if anyone would like to borrow it for a While. PM me and I'll set it up.

Thanks,

Bart

Wichita, KS

Wichita, KS is far by many standards, but my wife and I would be happy to provide a couple rooms in our house and meals to ride out the storm. Unfortunately I don't have any extra hangar space to offer, but there are a lot of airports around with cheap or free tie downs or inexpensive community hangar possibilities.

If NW of Atlanta is out of the path. Got room for 2 or 3 RVs one enclosed and one under a quansit hut shelter open on both ends but large with concrete floor. 2000ft grass field. Call me at 770 8233426.

If anyone needs to head a little northwest to the Memphis area, I have a hangar that could accommodate 3-4 RVs at KFYE. PM me and let me know if you need accommodations.

If the high winds look to be hitting us, we may have quite a few planes to move. I'll be contacting you all if it comes to that.

At SC47, Parker Field; 10 miles NW of Triple Tree, 8.5 south of KGSP.

We have one tie down space (embedded rings) in front of hangar (hangar is full). Room for a couple to RON. No smoking, no pets.

phone > 8 6 fower - 2 7 5 - 3 7 niner 8

Last edited:
Another port in the storm

I know its a hike, but I have an empty hanger in Frederick, MD, 30 miles NW of DC. I can probably fit two RV's in the hangar.

I can also provide shelter to a couple of pilots and passengers for as long as need be. I live in Rockville, MD, about 12 miles outside DC and about 20 miles from the airport.

Steven Gross
301 252 0594
[email protected]
[email protected]

North Carolina

We have some hangars at 8A7 in central NC . I live on the airport, and have a spare room if need to stay. 336-202-0574.

Space available Huntsville Alabama (HSV)

I moved to San Antonio in 2018. Unfortunately I no longer have a hangar to offer in Alabama.

Brian

Last edited:
KASG - Springdale, AR

Give us a shout at TruTrak if anyone gets this far north. We can surely accommodate some aircraft and people if needed.

Stay safe!

RV Space in Frederick, MD

If you move your plane to my hangar, it can stay for a month or more. I'll be moving my 9A in around Halloween.

GA86 Hangar

I have room for 1 RV in my hangar. I'm just north west of Macon Ga. Seven seven zero 3 one 5 0471.
Wiley E
Barnesville Ga
3000 ft grass runway.

Jackson MS MS71

We've got room for at least two, maybe three RVs, two spare bedrooms and a third room that can be coerced into bedroom duty.

And if you have something else that needs a hangar, we're an equal opportunity shelter.

PM me or email me at
[email protected]

Charlie

Still got Hanger space on Private grass strip in Taylorsville GA about 4 miles west of KVPC. Could shelter three RVs one enclosed, two under roof. I will be at Triple Tree tomorrow for the day. Text me 770 823Thirtyfour26.

Hurricane hanger space

Got Hanger space in MS if you want to get farther away. T36....100 miles due north of New Orleans. PM me if needed.
Allen Blackwell

If anybody wants to come all the way up to Michigan, I can offer up my hangar at PTK for one aircraft. PM me.

KFFC- Peachtree City GA

I have room for one Rv in D-21 at Falcon Field.

Send me a text or call me at sixseven8 8nineeight 81 eight nine.

I'lll be home later today after my last two FL runs for DAL.

I can't guarantee safety, but for anybody who has an RV that's about to be underwater, my enclosed hangar in Zephyrhills is yours for the taking. May well see the inside of the eye, but there won't be any storm surge. SPG, TPF, APF, PIE, MKY, anybody who'd rather risk possible hangar collapse than certain storm surge. Sad that it's come to this, but stay safe everybody.

Chris

Last edited:
I can fit one more RV in my hangar and there is lots of tie downs available here as well.
KLUG - Lewisburg, Tn
Mike Kellems
Rv3B N931M
931-993-7623

Last edited:
Hanger space

I am a looong way out but I have hangar space.We are in northwestern Illinois about 100 miles southwest of Oshkosh 815 291 8864. Have lodging space also. It looks like it is going to be bad in some areas.

I have a hangar open at IPJ for anyone that needs to get out of Florence's flow for a few days - weeks. Give me a call or PM me. Eight 2 Eight two 3 4 fourty seventy six. We also have two rooms open for the RV hotel as long as you don’t mind dogs!

Last edited:
I can fit one

We have space available in our EAA Chapter T-Hanger at KPUJ. We can take one RV.

Last edited:
one T hangar through weekend KBED

free to storm refugee. If you want to fly that far... Possibly until midweek next week 9/18/18 depending on repairs to club plane in repair shop

Hangar

I have a large t hangar at S37 smoketown, PA if anyone needs it. I won't need it for about 2 weeks, at least. Have spare room available if needed as well, but must like dogs.

Last edited:
I have an empty T-hanger at KFIT (west of Boston) available for anyone seeking shelter from the storm. Send me a PM if interested.

I just spoke with the airport manager where I have my hangar, 1A3, in Copperhill, TN. He has hangar space for six or seven RV's. His name is Shane Keldahl. He is also an A&P, IA and a super nice helpful guy. His cell number is 706/490-4143. I told him to expect some calls.

Room for up to 2 RV's In Michigan

Long way but the weather is perfect up here....great temps and blue skys. Can fit up to 2 RV's at Wexford County in Cadillac, MI KCAD at our hanger...Call or email me if you want to get north. Be safe and we're thinking of you.
231-239-3621

I have hangar space at KASH (Nashua NH, outside Boston) for a single RV if you want to get far, far away from the storm...lodging and eats close by, and I'll be happy to provide local transportation. PM me or call seventy 8 one seventy 8 nine twenty-seven sixty-eight.

Dave

Last edited:
I see all these gracious posts offering hanger space and even some offering a place to stay or a car. I have been thinking about an offer as I could probably move some stuff around and get in a short wing RV. Our access would not be convenient though and I live 45 minutes from the airport.
My point being that I have not seen any posts stating that anyone has been taken up on their offers. Seems like there is plenty of availability and no takers.
I think we need to see the offers being accepted so that people on the fence like myself can see that need and go ahead and make the offer if more space is needed.

RV Space in West GA

Room for 4 or more RV's in West GA, KCTJ inside our large EAA Hangar. Good fuel prices and lodging close by.

Don
404-862-3547
EAA 976

3R7

Reviving this thread for the 2022 hurricane season. I’ve got space @ 3R7 Jennings, La for at least 1 maybe 2 in my hangar.

Hurricane IAN FL Panhandle Shelter

I can shelter 1 smaller RV in my hangar plus 1 extra family car evacuee. Hangar has full living accommodations. Easy access off I-10 near Crestview FL. Airfield is 18FD, very nice grass runway about 2 miles North of the CEW VORTAC. We will be on the West side of the storm.

Back