What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A Victoria, TX 219PB

219PB

Well Known Member
I purchased a RV-6A kit that was started by another builder. It is about at the quickbuild stage and I am plugging along with the build. So far it has been enjoyable and am having a good time. I am documenting my build at http://www.mykitlog.com/bonorden/

My plans for this plane is to install a constant speed prop, full Dynon Skyview system with dual panels, autopilot, convert my O-360 to fuel injection and electronic ignition by EFii.

I have gotten with the EAA group here in Victoria, TX and found great help from fellow RV builders. This forum has already been helpful as well.

The Dream

Paul,
Congratulations on pursuing your dream and sharing it with us.
I bet it will be a beautiful and safe plane when you are finished.
Looks like you have plenty of support from friends and family.
Thanks

Looks good!

I took a quick look at your pics. It looks like you are off to a great start! Enjoy the project! Your gonna really enjoy flying the plane!

Congrats!

So with an all-electric airplane, mind telling us what your electrical system will look like? Multiple altenators? multiple batteries? Essential power bus?

I am thinking dual batteries and a single alternator but have not worked out all of the details. It will be a VFR ship and I am still researching. As far as the essential bus alternatives I am waiting on a new product that Dynon is working on. It is not published yet but I spoke with one of the designers about EFii's bus manager and he told me that they plan to announce a similar product early new year. That will fit my timing.

Back