What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just got my Emp kit, have a question

Eric B

I was reviewing the plans and the online plan revisions. Have to be careful to make certain if one is looking at "RV-12" plans versus "RV-12iS". With that said, I found one page in Section 12, "RV-12" page 8 that has a newer online review. I'll print that and tuck it inside the plans.
My question stems from the Stabilator box cracking SB. The stabilator section is an "RV-12iS", so I can assume the changes made in the SB to the RV-12 plans are included in my plans? Or alternatively, when looking for updates, I should look for updates to the version I have, whether -12 or -12iS?
Thanks!

I was reviewing the plans and the online plan revisions. Have to be careful to make certain if one is looking at "RV-12" plans versus "RV-12iS". With that said, I found one page in Section 12, "RV-12" page 8 that has a newer online review. I'll print that and tuck it inside the plans.
My question stems from the Stabilator box cracking SB. The stabilator section is an "RV-12iS", so I can assume the changes made in the SB to the RV-12 plans are included in my plans? Or alternatively, when looking for updates, I should look for updates to the version I have, whether -12 or -12iS?
Thanks!

Yes is the answer to both of your questions.

Hi Eric,

I emailed Van's Support about this same SB applicability question for RV-12is build. The answer I received was that you can pretty much determine the applicability of the Horizontal Stabilizer Bulletin by the model number of the control horns in your kit. If the control horns are WD-1207 and WD-1208 and not WD-01207-1 and WD-01208-1 then the bulletin is applicable but if you have the newer control horns, then you should be able to just follow the steps in the plan. Hope that helps.
Rob

Back