What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking For North Carolina RV Pilots

I was given some advice from an RV pilot on another forum to try posting my question here. I have always loved RVs but have never had the pleasure of seeing one first hand or sitting in one to see how it fits. I would love to have a tour of an RV if anyone is willing to spend a little time showing me theirs. I'm not looking for a flight, I just want to check it out and talk a little about the plane. I fly out of TTA and wouldn't mind driving or taking a little flight to meet you. I could return the favor with a tour of an AH-64D Apache if anyone is interested.

There are a number of flying RV's at KTTA. I can show you my -6A almost any time. There is a -7 under construction across from me, and two others RV's are on each side. Several other -8's also.

8A7 Twin Lakes

We have 5 RVs and an F1 rocket at Twin Lakes,along with a couple projects..come by and check us out. I will give you the tour, and a flight. 8A7 is about 15 miles south of Winston-Salem. Paved 3000 ft. I live on the airport.send me a PM if interested.

Welcome to VAF!

Direct C51, welcome to VAF.

Army pilot, ------ thanks for the service to our country.

Good to have you aboard:D

Lake Norman

We would love to host you at 14A, we have 3 RVs in the hanger (1 7a, 1 6a, 1 6) plus a few more on the field. Tell you what, bring the apache down and we can swap rides :)

I was given some advice from an RV pilot on another forum to try posting my question here. I have always loved RVs but have never had the pleasure of seeing one first hand or sitting in one to see how it fits. I would love to have a tour of an RV if anyone is willing to spend a little time showing me theirs. I'm not looking for a flight, I just want to check it out and talk a little about the plane. I fly out of TTA and wouldn't mind driving or taking a little flight to meet you. I could return the favor with a tour of an AH-64D Apache if anyone is interested.

You RV pilots sure are a great group of guys. I didn't expect so many responses. I certainly hope to visit all of you someday and check out your fine airplanes. It sounds like there are a lot of RVs at 14a. I would love to fly in someday. Unfortunately our training area only goes as far west as Stanley Co. so I wouldn't be able to take an Apache out there. I would definitely give a tour to anyone who could meet me at Fort Bragg though.

Just to clarify, I do have private pilot fixed wing in addition to my commerical helicopter and although I cannot fly the Apache outside the local flying area, I can fly a C152 or Cherokee out to some of the places mentioned to meet some of you guys. The offer to view the apache at Ft Bragg still stands, but my unit gets a little particular about how far we can fly without a direct army mission.

Direct C51... Give me a call (Noel 919. Eight oh five. 0435) any time. I am about 25 minutes from the field.

Do you know CFI Steel Scott? How about Dwight Fry? They are both with Wings of Carolina. Dwight has the -7A under construction, about 98% complete.

And yes, you will find this web site very friendly and open to all who are interested in RV's and flying.

I don't know Dwight but I do know Steele. He is a great guy and I really enjoyed his story about flying to Argentina recently.

I am absolutely interested in all things that fly, but have especially fell in love with RVs. I am not in a position to build one right now being full time military, but I see a used RV in my future, or perhaps a share in one.

Nate

Hi Nate,

I'm not far (by RV) from Bragg at Shaw AFB - hangar at KSMS. I purchased a 7A the end of last year. First plane purchase, learned a lot, still learning. Always an open offer to meet up, email, call, etc with any questions you may have, my lessons learned, etc.

You RV pilots sure are a great group of guys. I didn't expect so many responses. I certainly hope to visit all of you someday and check out your fine airplanes. It sounds like there are a lot of RVs at 14a. I would love to fly in someday. Unfortunately our training area only goes as far west as Stanley Co. so I wouldn't be able to take an Apache out there. I would definitely give a tour to anyone who could meet me at Fort Bragg though.

Looks like a good reason for a maintenance test flight.:)

Two RV-8's at Causey 2A5. One flying and the other about 98%. Come on in anytime. I always have time to talk about "Crazy Woman". Chris

Got a -7A at KSOP and also work at Fort Bragg. Work sometimes gets in the way, but we can always make time to go flying. That goes for anyone passing through Southern Pines / Pinehurst.

Stamp Walden
N74BZ

Back