What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior/FF engine kit question

dwranda

Well Known Member
In my search for an engine for my 9A build I am getting discouraged at the used engine choices and prices out there. I am thinking of just buying a Superior kit and having it assembled by a local guy. I can get it without the accessories so I could have the engine in hand to get the cowl/etc done this summer and add the accessories when I decide what ignition/FI I'm going with. Does this sound like a feasible plan? Is there anything I'm missing? I'm leaning more towards the SDS/FlyEFII systems. I wouldn't need one of those right away when mounting the engine the first time would I?

Superior kit vs. Titan asembled engine

If you are looking for a 320 engine backed by Continental Motors at a good price, the new Titan engines are a very good value. I could get close to those kit prices for a complete and run in engine, set up with a hollow main, fixed pitch crankshaft that could be converted to constant speed later, including a starter, carburetor and magneto ignition. ( 25,623.80 ).

James Ball (J.B.)
Phone 251 436 8122

Back