What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The adventure starts

Mnemonics

Got the acknowledgement mail from Van's that they are going to ship my Empennage kit to the Netherlands.
In two weeks my RV-7 (building) adventure will start.

Probably need you guys for all the tricky parts. I've browsed the forum and there is ton's of information to help building this great plane.

Welcome to the madness

Welcome to VAF - you are definitely in the right place! It?s quite an adventure ? as I am partially thru it ? still looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Start getting the shop/garage in order - as that big beautiful box will be to you in no time!

Welcome to

tons of reading into the late night hours,

scratching your head over blueprints till your scalp hurts,

and endless drain on your pocket book,

no life for eight or so years,

BUT

also to that RV grin at the end when you crawl in to your finished bird and slip the surly bonds of earth for the first time.

Welcome to the RV build experience!

Welcome aboard good sir! You will find that reading time is about double what build time is or maybe more but that's ok. It is a good idea to search part numbers and names of parts on the forum (using google) in order to see if there are going to be any gotchas or different methods to construct things (trim tab riblets are an example). If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, you can certainly always run things by other builders as well, feel free to PM me ! (I'm no expert but maybe I can help from time to time)

Adventure for sure! you will experience every emotion from severe pain (holes in fingers) to extreme joy, finishing a sub kit and everything in-between! enjoy the ride!

Back