What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston, TX Builders

gregfuess

Well Known Member
I will (finally) begin building a -7 late this year. In the mean time, I would like to get to know some of the folks who are building now and may even want someone to look over their shoulder, hand them tools or just listen to them.

My selfish motive is to learn as they go, to smooth my own transition. I live in the Heights (center of Houston) so am centrally located.

Hope to hear from folks soon.

Greg

Welcome to the forums

Greg,

There is a bunch of us called the Houston RV builder group that get together for lunch on the third Saturday of the month, the location varies, Kevin Wees is the "group organizer", he posts the lunch location here on VAF. There is quite often a visit to 'inspect' someones project.
You can also try the Yahoo group called Houston RV Builders.

Hope to meet you soon.

Sugar Land

Hello Greg. I am building a "QB" 8 in my garage in Sugar Land. Finishing the avionics and will be into FWF soon. You are welcome to visit, shoot me a PM if you want.

Chuck

Jim, thanks for the reminder. I am on the yahoo group for the Houston RV group, but have noticed that there is not much activity there. A few years ago when interested started to build in this arena, there was a lot of email and builders were busy building. I hope that the emails slowed because they are too busy flying how!

Is there an rss feed on this site for the -7 postings and get togethers? Regardless, I will be checking in my irregularly regular fashion.

Greg

Jim, thanks for the reminder. I am on the yahoo group for the Houston RV group, but have noticed that there is not much activity there. A few years ago when interested started to build in this arena, there was a lot of email and builders were busy building. I hope that the emails slowed because they are too busy flying how!

The Houston RV Builder's Group Yahoo site is (now) mostly a place to find out where the monthly Saturday lunch is going to be held. Most folks have found that there is a lot more info to be had here on VAF, if for no other reason than that you can easily post pictures along with questions and answers. (Also the fact that if you have technical questions, there are about 25,000 readers worldwide here to draw upon....).

Still lots of Houston activity - welcome aboard!

New builder 30 mins north of Woodlands could use a little getting started help

I purchased an RV-7 kit several years ago and it sat while I changed jobs a few times and moved a few times. I am now in a position to get going on it. I am starting to work on the fuselage (probably about quickbuild stage) and am looking for some local builders to maybe come out and look at my project and absorb some knowledge from them. I am north of Conroe on an airpark (XS09) New Waverly. If someone with some RV-7 build experience that would be willing to come up and give me some pointers and pick their brain, I can come pick you up in your local airport and bring you up to XS09 in my RV-6. I am about 30 mins north of the woodlands. I am also looking for an EAA tech counselor in the area as well.

Thanks.

Back