What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mystery photo #3

turbo

Well Known Member
img5336c.jpg

here is # 3. great place for breakfast. where is this airport?

I think it is Gouldings in Monument Valley, Utah. They operate a campground, motel, restaurant, store, etc. Also sightseeing flights.

img5336c.jpg

here is # 3. great place for breakfast. where is this airport?

I think it is Gouldings in Monument Valley, Utah. They operate a campground, motel, restaurant, store, etc. Also sightseeing flights.

The previously given answer of Marble Canyon is correct.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Too bad you can't bank in Google Earth (as far as I know).

Marble Cyn

I've not landed there at Marble Cyn, but have eaten at the restaurant 3 times, before rafting down the Grand Cyn from Lee's Ferry. Usually see airplanes parked there. Beautiful area!! Amazing tittering boulders just down the road toward Lee's Ferry.

The previously given answer of Marble Canyon is correct.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Too bad you can't bank in Google Earth (as far as I know).

There is a simple flight sim included with Google Earth, that allows banking; but only from a forward view. And in your Google shot, it starts to show the canyon (Colorado River) which close to being directly below the aircraft in the first pic.

L.Adamson

condor 's in the area

beside this being a top rated place to fly into, you might catch a glimps of a huge condor there. i was that lucky when i was there. the wing span must of been 8 foot at least. a high lite of my trip west.

Marble Canyon

Is it Marble Canyon Airport (L41) or as the previous "correct" guess of Marble Canyon - Cliff Dwellers? L41 has a paved runway which the picture shows whereas Cliff Dwellers is dirt.

Back